file three "problem cards"

20 Dec 2012 02:02 #43151 by bluezeb
Replied by bluezeb on topic Re: three "problem cards"
I am not so sure this is the way to go...

each card by them self is not over the top.
I think the key problem is that having MMP is what adding fuel to the fire.
You have Vampires that give MP, you have master trifle, that give you addtional MP, you have vote card that give you MP. So, I think at the heart of the problem is all together they make these cards strong.

Ashurs -- I think is fine, just add HOS clan requirement.

Anthelios -- Not sure if it need any changes, It did not really take off as a power card, only after the introduction of other MMP.

liliths -- must fetch a skill card to get your blood.

just my two cents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2012 08:52 #43161 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: three "problem cards"
Nerfing cards is never a good thing for the game.

Just create a improved sudden...

Dark Sudden Reversal
1 Pool
Cancel a master card as its played and put this card in play. No master cards can be played while this card is on play. Burn this card on the begging of the next minion phase.

Or change the wording of the current one:

Cancel a master card... bla bla bla... the current player looses all MPA.

And for anthelius... just replace the wording:

Once each master phase, a Methuselah can use a master phase action to exchange a master card in his or her hand for one in his or her ash heap. "This is treated as playing the master card in his hand."

More
20 Dec 2012 08:57 - 20 Dec 2012 08:59 #43162 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: three "problem cards"
For what it's worth and if changes need some kind of critical vote quantity - you can count my vote in favor of changing Tablets to affect only minion cards (although, everyone I've talked with said they would be quite content with them being banned) and Lilith's Blessing's change that skill cards are mandatory.

As far as Anthelios goes, if those aforementioned changes do happen, I suppose a lighter nerf is in order than op suggested. But imho, that is still quite debatable.Perhaps its effect could stay as it is but it uses up all your master phases for the turn...not sure about wording, though.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2012 08:59 by Kiddo.

More
20 Dec 2012 09:22 #43163 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: three "problem cards"

Nerfing cards is never a good thing for the game.

I hereby propose that Pulled Fang do 1 aggravated damage and not 1 damage, and inf' Majesty does not cost a blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
20 Dec 2012 09:32 #43164 by Lemminkäinen

More seriously, I'd just change it to "Put this card on a ready minion you control. If you have three copies on that minion..." etc.

That is an extremely good idea IMO. It gives them interactivity in that you can affect the minion with them yet since they aren't equipment, they can't be screwed with too easily. Really nice.

More
20 Dec 2012 15:45 - 20 Dec 2012 16:05 #43177 by ReverendRevolver

For what it's worth and if changes need some kind of critical vote quantity - you can count my vote in favor of changing Tablets to affect only minion cards (although, everyone I've talked with said they would be quite content with them being banned) and Lilith's Blessing's change that skill cards are mandatory.

As far as Anthelios goes, if those aforementioned changes do happen, I suppose a lighter nerf is in order than op suggested. But imho, that is still quite debatable.Perhaps its effect could stay as it is but it uses up all your master phases for the turn...not sure about wording, though.

Re-worded could be: once each turn, a methuselah can use a master phase action to exchange a master card in thier hand for one in thier ash heap. This ability cannot be used if that methuselah has played any non- trifle master cards this turn.

Also, im less inclined toward banning because lb does something i think is very useful, and makes skill cards more worthwhile: it lets you fetch a skill card, and put it on a minion at the cost of a mpa, and requires setup. The tablets allow really fluid decks to recur cards. Since mmpa decks are the biggest problem with allowing this, since decks in this game were never meant to play master cards as fluidly as weenie potence cycles combat. But other decks, mainly combat and walls, along with some multy act voters/bleeders, are prone to bwing down to only premanents by late game. Rushes and red cards are needed for combat to do anything, and tablets allow them to still get grapples, signposts, slams and rushes even if they've had a rough table all game. Same with walls dealing with weenies and lawfirm/multiact vote dealing with no secrets/weenie eyeball/2nd trad guns.
So while anthelios is a cool card and up until the girls fad my only complaint were imbued decks recycling di's from discarded angel of berlin, im more attached to the deck building abilities tablets and lb provide. If they rinted a 1pool master that allowed any minion to burn2-3 blood to gain a skill card as a mpa, id be less attached to lb, and if some sort of nod fragment let minions you control with capacity 7+ shuffle up to minion cards from ash heap to deck by burning said nod fragment, id be less attached to ashur tablets. But the fact that no weaker carx exists that duplicate the fair effect of these cards makes me think errata>banning, since none of the cards are as strong as edge explosion or as nuts as madness of the bard. One could argue memories of mortality could have just been re-worded to not treat imbued as mortals and would have been ok. But banning instead of adding "minion" to one card and rewording another to mandate a feature it already has to function is cleaner. And anyone disagreeing with that about lb should be outraged about villein errata, since its roughly the same amount of change.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2012 16:05 by ReverendRevolver.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds