file three "problem cards"

19 Dec 2012 19:51 - 19 Dec 2012 19:51 #43133 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: three "problem cards"

because, imho, mmpa recursion/bloat solitaire needs to die a horrible agonizing death, but that is just me.

I agree with this.

- Ashur - retrieves MINION cards only
Liliths - skill card is obligatory

Both these ideas are excellent.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 19 Dec 2012 19:51 by Ashur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2012 19:53 #43134 by ReverendRevolver
Sorry if they are hard to read. The basics are liliths must fetch a skill card to work, ashurs only get minion cards. The variants are: liliths triggers during untap, gains 2 blood, and/or makes all bahari rushable as an action. Ahurs do not let you use them more than once per methuselah to recur cards, or the card to the hand is nixed, shuffle in 13 and you may draw a card.
Anthelios is an easy include to be able to play other events with prerequisits. My uber nerfs were to make it seem ashotin the dark to utilize, and unreliably temporary. It needs gehenna cards to keep being played, and it goes away if they arent.

Just editing ashurs to target minion cards and lb to require the skill card seems to be the most logical fix, is that at least nearly unanimous?

More
19 Dec 2012 20:01 #43135 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: three "problem cards"

A possible nerf for Anthelios would be to add :

"While Anthelios is in play, remove master card from the game instead of putting them in the ash heap".

Events always effect everyone on the table. Changing Anthelios to something that decks pack to hurt ANY attempt at recursion, and that also incidently hurts already fragile Trochomancy startegies really doesn't strike me as an improvement to the game.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
19 Dec 2012 20:05 #43136 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: three "problem cards"

Just editing ashurs to target minion cards and lb to require the skill card seems to be the most logical fix, is that at least nearly unanimous?

3 people out of 6 in this thread have agreed and the others haven't said they disagree so, yeah, I suppose you could call that nearly unanimous. Who wants to call Pascal about the change?

More seriously, I'd just change it to "Put this card on a ready minion you control. If you have three copies on that minion..." etc.

More
19 Dec 2012 21:45 #43140 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: three "problem cards"

Events always effect everyone on the table. Changing Anthelios to something that decks pack to hurt ANY attempt at recursion, and that also incidently hurts already fragile Trochomancy startegies really doesn't strike me as an improvement to the game.

It hurt only master recursion thou. And hopefully, mazster are not supposed to be the main bulk of card in ash heap.

More
20 Dec 2012 00:43 #43148 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: three "problem cards"
nice effort, but your nerfs are waaaaaaaay too long. Nobody will read the card text, better ban them than add clauses that makes the card impossible to understand/memorize.

why not simplify it for the same goal ?
I like the idea of counter on anthelios :
anthelios -whenever a methuselah uses anthelios ability, put a cuonter on it : its ability can't be use when there is a counter. Remove a counter during your influence phase or whenever a gehenna is played.

This way, you let other methuselah sacrifices master phase actions to limit your use of anthelios.

but even like this it's terribly long to read...

Simpler :
Whenever you use anthelios ability, returns it to your hand (discard afterwards) or shuffle it in your deck.

??

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds