file Permableed for !Malk

13 Feb 2013 08:55 #45258 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
You have built a deck that remove vampires using golconda once they have filled their purpose or sent to torpor.

I think you should build your entire deck with this in mind, the next step is just to optimize the card flow.

* Remove Minion Tap in favor of Villein. This is probably the single best change you can do.

* Replace Bitter and Sweet Story, The with Anthelios. This way you can reduce the number of golconda you must have and still be able to use it whenever you want.

* Skip all permanents (such as Pulse of the Canaille, Enchanted Marionette). They will be gone when removed by Golconda.

* Into Thin Air should IMHO always be replaced with Lost in Crowds. The drawback is too heavy.

* Marked Path is such a bad card. Replace with more Lost.

* Abandoning the Flesh. No. :)

* Wake with evenings Freshness is clearly inferior to Eyes of Argus in this deck.

* Add one Coma. It is a card that should never be played but always to be feared. You should act as if you always have a Coma in your hand but never actually do.

* Swallowed by the Night is such an awesome stealth card in high combat meta. If you didn't go for the Golconda angle I'd suggest you use ton of it in combination with Disgused+Ivory Bow and other fun weapons.

* If you are playing in intercept heavy meta. Replace some of the Eyes of Chaos with Confusion. It will reduce your bleed potential but it's better with a small bleed than no bleed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 08:56 #45259 by Pascal Bertrand
Good thing to know about Elder Impersonation: You can play it (at superior) even if you have more stealth than the currently attempting-to-block minion has intercept. Which means you can cycle it "pretty" easily.

Options to get more bleed:
Madman's Quill (for base effect)
Spying Mission
Dive into madness
10 more Kindred Spirits.

More
13 Feb 2013 11:25 #45263 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
Thanks all, this turned out to be a very helpful topic!

* Remove Minion Tap in favor of Villein. This is probably the single best change you can do.

Definately yes. Current version lacks them just because, I did not acquire them yet. Soon I should.

* Replace Bitter and Sweet Story, The with Anthelios. This way you can reduce the number of golconda you must have and still be able to use it whenever you want.

Great insight! But I would keep them both I guess. This deck usually guarantees a VP, but tend to peter out in late game if stopped by a wall or smth. I did try Gambit Accepted and Momentum's Edge, but they were not that much useful within this particular deck (playing them help did not have effect on my survival, nor ousting).

* Into Thin Air should IMHO always be replaced with Lost in Crowds. The drawback is too heavy.

In my opinion, this is THE deck to use Into Thin Air. It is equivalent to 3 stealth in otherwise stealth-light S&B and guys are old enough to be able to fully utilise this.

* Marked Path is such a bad card. Replace with more Lost.

But its cycleability helps a lot, no? Plus I often find myself relying on a single vamp to do the job, so it should both act as stealth for him and keep hand jam away.

* Wake with evenings Freshness is clearly inferior to Eyes of Argus in this deck.

Agreed, too bad I have none.

* Add one Coma. It is a card that should never be played but always to be feared. You should act as if you always have a Coma in your hand but never actually do.

Did that, included 8 at one point, everyone took notice :D Also got 7 No Trace, I should scare them with these also :)

Good thing to know about Elder Impersonation: You can play it (at superior) even if you have more stealth than the currently attempting-to-block minion has intercept. Which means you can cycle it "pretty" easily.

This is new to me, thank you!

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
13 Feb 2013 19:48 #45274 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
What are you being rushed by?

More
13 Feb 2013 20:19 #45276 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
Mostly Massassi pitch-additional-strike-press-wall or Lorance Blood Brothers (setting range), rarer cases include !Salubri ala Langa and Adonai press-prevent-all combat, or Kiasyd press combat. The first two are the nemesis :D .

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
14 Feb 2013 01:18 #45283 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk

THIS IS OFF TOPIC but for large vampires with :obf: as their only stealth discipline, Into Thin Air works well enough.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds