file Tremere Paths

20 Mar 2014 21:02 #60144 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Tremere Paths
None of those has good defence. Regular agg works wonders.

Just bleed forward with Mirror Walk, defend with burst of sunlight or whatever agg you wish (read MotS+Ivory) and Rotschreck and none of those mentioned has nothing against you ;)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2014 00:05 #60146 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Tremere Paths
sounds like a meta where Gangrel combat would work wonders.

in my experience, Tremere decks that wait for the 2nd round are too slow. unless it's the Goratrix trap deck which can reliably burn most vampires with only 3 red cards. otherwise it's better to do as much damage as you can on the first round.

More
21 Mar 2014 03:45 #60148 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Tremere Paths
I did an Eternal Vigilence deck featuring Creep Show and equipment like Ivory Bow, Bowl, .44, Sniper Rifle. Worked well enough, just took a while to tool up via Magic of the Smith (Tha).

Thaum is a well-rounded discipline. It is not potence, it is not celerity. It doesn't have to be. In your combat crazy environment I would suggest S:CE. Do it enough to make your opponents change the way they play, then your options will be more open.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Mar 2014 07:27 #60149 by gotcha
Replied by gotcha on topic Re: Tremere Paths
I'm pretty sure at least the potence (and perhaps the celerity) decks will cover the S:CE.... gangrel does sound more appealing because of prevention and aggro but you'd need a lot of maneuvers then, probably too many. Maybe akunanse? You have carrion crows, terror frenzy, prevention, ....

More
21 Mar 2014 07:27 - 21 Mar 2014 07:28 #60150 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Tremere Paths

In our group of about 10 players, we have the following decks "of that style":
4 Toreador Guns (both sects)
10 Brujah Guns/Ranged Potence/Close Decap (both sects)
4 Tzmisce Eternal Vigilance
3 Nosferatu (both sects)
2 Venture (both sects)
0 Malkavian
0 Tremere

I'm trying to figure out if any other group has had a similar experience or if we're just crazy.

Actually it is not thaum which is not strong enough, it is your metagame which is too heavily combat oriented.

If you want it to evolve toward something were tremere will shine in combat, you have to convince everybody that very heavy combat is not the only viable option.

Try to build a low stealth high bleed kyasid deck and pack in it something like 8/10 fae contortion, 4/5 arms of the abyss and 4/5 entombment you will pass enough bleed to oust your preys (I imagine something like 12+ govern and 5+ conditioning) and those who will have the "privilege" to enter combat with you will soon learn to fear the time when you say "stone travel... inferior of course"
Last edit: 21 Mar 2014 07:28 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
21 Mar 2014 07:49 #60152 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Tremere Paths
Or just use high enough caps and include enough Obedieces in your deck to ward off their puny rushes.

Secure Haven is also your friend.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds