file What are the best Inceptor ideas?

13 Jan 2013 01:50 - 13 Jan 2013 02:59 #44007 by Tdog
I have tried a few inceptor decks with only a little success.
The pressing flesh-muddle vamp hunter is good, but I lack the cards to duplicate it.
Right now I am thinking about an inceptor+Ian Forestal+Legion scenario.
I have tried Al-Muntathir, The Avenger with Incepted caitiffs and Anarch Converts.
There is a notion of using force of will and multiple soul gems, but I keep running into the same problems, namely not enough minions-actions, etc.
Maybe inceptor is just a support card and not a deck concept?
Does anyone have anything to add fo the Forestal Legion idea, or some other winning inceptor decks?
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 02:59 by Tdog. Reason: misnamed a card and I wanted to clarify a little (first post-rushed it cuz I wux nervis)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2013 04:35 #44009 by KoKo
As you probably noticed, I have a deck based around Inceptor and Obeah in hopes of getting 2-3 cheap minions into play and make use of an otherwise rare discipline. I'm also toying around with Inceptor lately but I honestly think that one of the better ways of playing it is by it combining Infernal Pact and !Tremere + a star with disciplines you want to exploit. I also think it serves better with bloodline disciplines because otherwise you're just wasting tons of slots and messing with your crypt for the sake of playing a 1-cap that can play 3 cards at superior. Big deal. I'm testing it with Obeah now and the crypt and setup and even the offense power is impressive so far. But there's a lot you can do and the hard part is finding out what to focus on... at least for me. My next idea will revolve around !tremere/infernal pact/inceptor + temporis.

So yes, I think Inceptor is a support card and only good in bloodlines because of the rather limited crypt options and their often odd discipline spread. The other possibility is playing it in an anarch deck, mostly for the same reasons and it's ability to tack on 3-way cards which could potentially make for a versatile one-cap that is actually strong and does a better job supproting the rest of your crew.

More
13 Jan 2013 08:42 #44012 by Ohlmann
I believe that, with Inceptor being unique and requiring a small minion, it's not very useful.

That being said, and more to the point, I have seen a !ventrue deck that used inceptor for Daring / Conditionning / Anima Gathering. He were using the inceptor for Anima, and when he drew another Inceptor, he made the inceptor blow up by bleeding under Daring, and influenced a new one. I am not sure it was all that good of a deck, but it was fun to see and it had neither problem of card unplayable by other vampire nor problem of choking under Inceptor.

More
13 Jan 2013 08:48 #44013 by Joscha
As Inceptor is a unique master of course it can't be more than a support card. I don't know if its possible effect is worth an inclusion in decks. Of course it is nice to have a one-cap able to play strong card effects. Rare Disciplines like Obeah or Temporis are definitely good targets. Earth Melding Inceptors are nice too.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
13 Jan 2013 13:42 - 13 Jan 2013 13:43 #44017 by DeathInABottle
I had a deck that was focused entirely on Feo and Franciscus. I would bring one out and Inceptor him with Eye of Unforgiving Heaven and Fleetness; the third card would be a unique card that I wanted to strip from the library after playing the first copy (like Info Highway). The Inceptor would rush with Fleetness, maneuver to long, blast for two agg, and burn, and I would gain two pool. Next turn, out would come another Inceptor.

Pool-wise, it was self-sustaining, but it wasn't ultimately very practical: any prevent or SCE would foil the attack, and then I'd be left with the rest of my weenies wondering how they were going to get through a blocker. I've since modified the deck to include some other !Salubri, but it's less entertaining.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 13:43 by DeathInABottle.

More
13 Jan 2013 13:48 #44018 by Boris The Blade
That does not sound very card efficient either, since you consume 2 Fleetness and 2 Eyes of UNforgiving Heaven for every rush.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds