question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

19 Sep 2011 17:11 #10558 by Lönkka
1. THEME FOR EXPANSION?
Sure if you can devise a nice unifying theme.
Not a biggie in my book though.

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS?
Concentrate on plugging the current holes first.

3. NEW CARDS?
-G6 is a no brainer.
-Being a Bahari (via Lilith) is so cheesy that it demands some counter cards that while usable in any situation give an additional benefit vs. Bahari. Kinda in the vein of, say, Fiendish Tongue.
-An occasional Imbued card or two wouldn't hurt. Just to give some variety to the extremely limited number that is currently available.

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF
-PDFs rule!
They'll be easily available for everyone and practically until sun freezes too. Printing would have probs like who would front the money for them and what to do when the probably very modest print run sells out (thus infalating prices -see recent examples of that with new sold out expansions).

-I'd prefer VERY small expansions.
Like 9-18 cards (an A4 sheet or two when talking about PDFs)

This way big mistakes with game balance would probably, if not totally, be skipped. Also future cards still on the pipeline could be easily adjusted based on the response the earlier miniscule expansion has gotten thus awoiding game balance roller coaster ride.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Sep 2011 17:44 #10560 by Hakuron
I would welcome an idea or some cards that support fighting with SWORDS ... There are so many of them, but there ist – in my opinion – no really effective and reliable (!) way to use them ... It has not to be something equal to "Torn Signpost" plus "Immortal Grapple", though it would be nice & stylish! ;)

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
20 Sep 2011 04:54 #10578 by brandonsantacruz

I would welcome an idea or some cards that support fighting with SWORDS ... There are so many of them, but there ist – in my opinion – no really effective and reliable (!) way to use them ... It has not to be something equal to "Torn Signpost" plus "Immortal Grapple", though it would be nice & stylish! ;)

:tore:

Are you suggesting that there be a Highlander mini-set?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
20 Sep 2011 06:26 #10581 by Juggernaut1981
Just a thought I'd recently had...

Maybe if we are going to try for b buying printed cards we should try set it up like GMT Games.

Players make a committment to pre-purchase a set number of cards for a fixed price and that cash is used to make the first print run (cover setup costs etc). GMT I think have a bottom limit of 500 copies of a game before they do a print-run on out-of-print games.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Sep 2011 09:48 #10603 by Erol
1. THEME FOR EXPANSION - I don't care Templars, Inquisitors, Archons, Inconnu, Bahari, I love them all so put them all together.

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS - I dont care, I will play with anything that is thrown at me.

3. NEW CARDS - Group 5 and 6 vampires for sure. No reprints. Maybe some Imbued cards. New Allies. Dont forget to put Montano as 11cap Lasombra into the game, he ist still missing.

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF - I dont care as long as no hard to get reprints are involved, you can use pdf. But please allow only good prints for tournaments. I would love to see actually printed cards, but I think this ship sailed already.

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany

More
20 Sep 2011 11:44 #10618 by Satrapa
1) Theme: bloodlines (small expansion that finishes 6th group for them)
2) New mechanics: nothing particular, some improvement to existing ones.
3) Better combat on pure valeren, some non unique allies for Harbringers (they should be experts with zombies not Giovanni) and Kiasyds (since they made pact with Shadow court - I would rather give S.C. Satyr to them and not to Gangrels), good allies (unique or not) for (!)Salubri (since they have quite few cards that helps allies but no good ones to make deck with them, 2 group 6 vampires for each bloodline (except for scarce ones).
4) I would love to see such set printed as normal cards in living game format. If it is not an opption printable cards in pdf/jpg/png/etc. would be good too. I think that expansions should have size around 40-60 cards each and be focused on 4-6 clans (or bloodlines counting scarce ones as half). I'd also love to see new crypts of allies based upon mix of mechanic between imbued and vampires (Imbued - their powers and convictions + low levels of vampire disciplines).

I would love to see few latest storylines poured into toilet since people who made it didn't read books that described vampires (Maris had different mental illness, some dead vampires lived like nothing happened, sholar bloodline was changed into fascist like band).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds