question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

29 Sep 2011 07:03 - 29 Sep 2011 07:10 #11123 by Jussi
What would you like to see in a new expansion?

1. THEME FOR EXPANSION?
Sabbat based set sounds great. I love the idea that Decebalus introduced about the cities. "Sabbat and the City"

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS?
No new mechanics.

3. NEW CARDS?
Group 5 Sabbat crypt cards. I would be happy with one solid vampire for each sabbat clan - especially for !Brujah !bruj! Just omit bloodlines Ahrimane,Blood Brother, Harbingers, Kiasyd and !Salubri.

In addition, I'd be happy to see card for each of the disciplines - limited to clan disciplines of the sabbat vampires (barring spiritus and sanguinus).

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF
I like physical cards, but going PDF is just fine.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 29 Sep 2011 07:10 by Jussi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 18:57 - 29 Sep 2011 18:57 #11157 by prunesquallor
In my opinion, anything but electronic distribution is simply not feasible.

Anything involving printing cards will involve money, which is when holders of various intellectual property get involved (and as far as that goes, don't forget that people at WW put in a real effort to find someone who could pick up the game, with no luck).

And note that it doesn't require being a "for-profit" effort to run afoul of copyright or other licensing issues.

Meanwhile, there are numerous examples of electronically distributed, fan-authored material being ignored by the companies that hold the IP on VtES...

In my experience, cards printed on paper, when put in a card sleeve with a real card from the game, work just fine and are pretty much indistinguishable from a "real" card.

As far as content, I think it's important to get Villein (and possibly Vessel), or something publicly equivalent, out there and readily available and legal for competitive play. The choice of "money" cards that were reprinted in the HttB starters is a good starting point for identifying old strong cards that need to be kept easily available.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2011 18:57 by prunesquallor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
29 Sep 2011 22:51 #11165 by Cooper
I havent read any of this, so it might be mentioned before or anything,...
but i would like to see a lot of vampires from group 1 advanced. With nifty merged specials. They can only be played with one other group anyway.
Not necesarily the ones that see play already. Especially the ones that you never see.

merged: if you control merged Uriah, you burn one pool in untap
merged sammy gets a maneuver
tiberius adv: predators library: merged: may take an action to burn 2 cards from prey/pred's library
adv thomas thorne: anarch merged: baron
zack north adv 7cap: cel. merged anarch
Dancin Dana advv: +1 St merged: CEL
Astrid Thomas adv: change anothers vamp clan to tremere as action. merged prince
merged tatiana romanov: +1stealth
merged dr jest: may put the card in your hand instead
merged justine; +1 intercept
merged Quinton MqDonal: aggro hands
Sylvester Sims: Can take the leave torpor action when tapped. Merged: can take an action to visit torpor.
Crusher: can exchange a card in hand for a grapple in your ash once per turn. merged: once per combat
Marty Lechtansy: merged can do a sanguine instruction trick
Roxanne: adv: can rush vamp above cap 8 from prey/pred. merged: can rush any vamp from prey/pred.
merged Angus: +2 bleed and inner circle
appolonius adv: +1 maneuver; merged +1 add strike
Cassandra: adv +1card; merged can bounce when tapped
Lucian adv: can rush a minion. merged can do a MagicotSmith
lucretia adv +1bleed merged: prince
camille devereux, the raven adv: take an action to change name to anything else. merged: can impersonate an elder at the cost of one blood.

Lot's of fun stuff to be thought of (has to be funny and make the vamps playable)

and ofcourse more enkil cogs and stuff :-)
W

More
30 Sep 2011 06:32 #11175 by Ashur
Yes, advanced versions of the unplayable JY-vamps would be nice. But I mean Appolonius, Quinton McDonnell etc, and not Lucien, Camille etc.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
30 Sep 2011 07:03 #11181 by Izaak
Making good advanced versions of existing vampires would actually not do anything to make their poor Jyhad counterparts see more play.

People would just play the advanced version and - if the merge text would be worth it - pay 1 pool to merge them.

More
30 Sep 2011 08:35 #11189 by Ashur
OK, good Merged-effects on Adv-versions then.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds