question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

18 Sep 2011 19:21 - 18 Sep 2011 19:22 #10464 by Ankha

If a card doesn't explicitly come with a reference to a Vampire: The Masquerade source book (page number), then it shouldn't be included in a set.
Pulling card ideas out of your ass just results in shitty cards.

The last sentence seems quite extreme. Could you detail? It seems to me that more than 50% of the existing cards do not relate to a source book (Public Trust, Target Vitals, Aid from Bats, etc.). And those who do are not necessarily great cards (Reality, Conquer the Beast etc.)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Sep 2011 19:22 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 03:15 #10477 by the1andonlime
Would it be possible to add supportive rules text for keywords?

For example, adding the Titled keyword to all titled vampires does not increase the card text by much, but is easier from a new player point of view (cards that say requires a titled vampire will then clearly refer to all titled vampires). I know that the titles themselves imply that these vampires are "titled vampires", but would it hurt to make that explicit?

Also, following the same line of thought, could we add "(X votes)" after each title with a fixed vote for ease of reference? Again, this would make things easier for players.

Of course, this could, if possible, be extended to keywords such as Blood Cursed, Cold Iron Vulnerability, Sterlie, Scarce and Infernal. Space on the card may prohibit the rules text for these other keywords, but I think at the very least, the titles should have these rules texts.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
19 Sep 2011 09:20 #10500 by Sudden Reversal

1. THEME FOR EXPANSION - Sabbat

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS - No. Expand existing mechanics not working properly (Bahari, Research Area, Black Hand)

3. NEW CARDS - Group 5 and 6 vampires. Reprint some hard to gain cards (Ashur's Tablet, Villein) - or reprint them as part of new starters

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF - middle expansion, cca 120 cards. May be LCG and Starters. Prefere real cards.

I second this, Bahari and Research area in particular.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

More
19 Sep 2011 09:57 #10517 by Amenophobis

1. THEME FOR EXPANSION - Sabbat

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS - No. Expand existing mechanics not working properly (Bahari, Research Area, Black Hand)

3. NEW CARDS - Group 5 and 6 vampires. Reprint some hard to gain cards (Ashur's Tablet, Villein) - or reprint them as part of new starters

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF - middle expansion, cca 120 cards. May be LCG and Starters. Prefere real cards.

I second this, Bahari and Research area in particular.

Ok, what is the background of the Bahari? Aren't they some kind of infernalist-offshots?

More
More
19 Sep 2011 16:13 #10553 by Robert Goudie
A vast majority of cards are pulled from WoD sourcebooks. This, of course, becomes increasingly more difficult as time goes on and the pool of unused source material shrinks. But a great deal of effort is made to cull ideas from WoD source material.

-Robert

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds