file Card Idea: Good Sabbat Vote (Parity Shift Equivalent)

17 Sep 2011 09:16 - 17 Sep 2011 09:37 #10386 by simcof
I'd love to see sabbat get a vote on par with Parity Shift or even Reckless Agitation. This is my attempt

:political: Public Castration

Requires a Priscus, Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Polical Action
Worth 1 Vote

Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by another methuselah. Successful referendum sends the vampire to torpor or burns the ally and you gain X pool where X is the capacity of the vampire or cost of the ally (up to a maximum of the number of methuselahs in the game).

The picture in mind would be Sacha Vykos clawing at some vamps midsection while a bunch of other vampires look on.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 09:37 by simcof.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 09:31 #10387 by Pendargon
Very bad design.

As it is written, your 10 cap could target YOUR 5-cap, and send him to torpor, gain 5 pool, and then 5 cap takes himself out. Rinse and repeat.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: simcof

More
17 Sep 2011 09:37 #10388 by simcof
just edited to make the minion controlled by another meth.

More
17 Sep 2011 10:16 - 17 Sep 2011 10:18 #10393 by Joscha
I think it's too strong. Placing another vampire in torpor with one measly political action and won referendum is already strong by itself (think of the possibility of graverob or diablerie and compare it to Banishment, where your banished vamp at least is save and keeps his blood and cards on it). Gaining pool for that in addtition is too much.
The part of burning an ally seems okay. To burn an ally with one card is possible already. With this card you do it with +1 stealth like the other burn-ally-cards, need the win of a referendum, but gain its cost in pool as a reward. Should be okay.
Think of how many cards you need to send a vampire to torpor through combat (rush-card, damage-dealing or aggr. strike-cards, something against S:CE or maneuver, the risk of being in combat and get damaged yourself by it and so on). With your pol. action you just need an unblocked action and a won referendum (which actually could be one after a Cryptic Rider or another autowin card). You could be delayed, but still.
One last point: A card targeting vampires AND allies is already strong by that fact. The flexibility is a huge advantage.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 10:18 by Joscha.

More
17 Sep 2011 10:27 #10395 by simcof
thanks for the feedback guys! definitely as written is above curve at the moment.

that being said, I have a question. given this card existed; would Castration decks be appreciably stronger that their prince/justicar parity shift equivalents?

does torporing a vamp and gaining pool get you closer to winning the game than parity shift?

More
17 Sep 2011 10:38 - 17 Sep 2011 10:38 #10397 by Joscha

that being said, I have a question. given this card existed; would Castration decks be appreciably stronger that their prince/justicar parity shift equivalents?

does torporing a vamp and gaining pool get you closer to winning the game than parity shift?

I'd say yes. Granted with Parity Shift you can act more strategically and give pool to others. But you need to have fewer pool than the target and leave his minons intact. Although you lower his pool he still can hit back. By torporizing/burning the target's minions you cripple him a lot. That is/can be a huge advantage. Gaining pool for that in addition is far more what a Parity Shift does. Although just my 2 cents of course.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 10:38 by Joscha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds