file Card Idea: Good Sabbat Vote (Parity Shift Equivalent)

19 Sep 2011 02:03 #10471 by technobabble66
Stepping away from the damage-dealing ability (sorry for the tangent!) would it be better to look at a card that is, say limited to 4+ caps, targets any meth w/o a sabbat vamp, loses 2 pool, u gain 2 pool? So you get a similar effect to PS, maybe not as powerful, but still a vaguely similar effect

eg:
Name: Nibbling at the Cheese
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Sabbat vampire over 4 capacity
Choose a Methuselah that does not control at least 1 Sabbat vampire. That Methuselah loses 2 pool. You gain 2 pool.

Option b is the last sentence reads: "...Choose a second Methuselah, they gain 2 pool."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:18 #10499 by Ashur

eg:
Name: Nibbling at the Cheese
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Sabbat vampire over 4 capacity
Choose a Methuselah that does not control at least 1 Sabbat vampire. That Methuselah loses 2 pool. You gain 2 pool.

Option b is the last sentence reads: "...Choose a second Methuselah, they gain 2 pool."

I actually like this, but why make it so much worse than PS? I´m more for either banning PS or giving Sabbat a card of similar power.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
19 Sep 2011 09:53 #10513 by Izaak
Because it's a Sabbat vote card. I don't think Sabbat should even have a vote card that's as good as Parity Shift. Yes, I understand that will always cause pure Sabbat vote decks worse than pure Camarilla vote decks but that's themetically a good thing.

When designing a new vote card specifically for Sabbat, you have to consider that it will ALSO be usable in Sabbat vote-archtypes that are ALREADY very strong. !Toreador breed comes to mind obviously, but the G 2/3 Lasombra PRE crypt with Polonia and Moncada is also very very powerful. Let's not forget that Cardinals are fairly easy to make (a LOT easier than Justicars) and that Cardinal titles are not unique.

I feel adding something as good as Parity Shift to those decks would make them way, way too good; especially the !Tor one. I mean, I would replace every Art Scam in my Foundation Exhibit deck with a Nibbling at the Cheese and have a much, much stronger deck. And it already *is* a very strong deck thanks to vampires like Jost, Greta and Sheila.

More
19 Sep 2011 11:44 - 19 Sep 2011 11:45 #10529 by Surreal

Because it's a Sabbat vote card. I don't think Sabbat should even have a vote card that's as good as Parity Shift. Yes, I understand that will always cause pure Sabbat vote decks worse than pure Camarilla vote decks but that's themetically a good thing.

When designing a new vote card specifically for Sabbat, you have to consider that it will ALSO be usable in Sabbat vote-archtypes that are ALREADY very strong. !Toreador breed comes to mind obviously, but the G 2/3 Lasombra PRE crypt with Polonia and Moncada is also very very powerful. Let's not forget that Cardinals are fairly easy to make (a LOT easier than Justicars) and that Cardinal titles are not unique.

I feel adding something as good as Parity Shift to those decks would make them way, way too good; especially the !Tor one. I mean, I would replace every Art Scam in my Foundation Exhibit deck with a Nibbling at the Cheese and have a much, much stronger deck. And it already *is* a very strong deck thanks to vampires like Jost, Greta and Sheila.

I don't think pure Sabbat vote decks should be worse than Camarilla vote decks, that's bad design. Sabbat vote decks should be different from Camarilla vote decks. Let Camarilla have big pool gain from votes, it fits thematically better for them also.

I would want players to think what kind of sabbat votes should be like. I don't want to see existing camarilla votes changed little and converted to sabbat. I think sabbat vote cards should be about aggression and rewarding your aggression (not necessary combat but that fits nicely thematically). Also doing dmg or limiting choices of other players fits sabbat too. I really like flavor of Hand Intervention, Tribunal Judgment, Auto-da-fé and Deploy the Hand. Those are good examples what sabbat votes should be like. Just shame that all those cards are weak. I also think cards like Alastor/Archon/Judgment: Camarilla Segregation would had fit better for sabbat.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 11:45 by Surreal.

More
19 Sep 2011 12:06 - 19 Sep 2011 12:08 #10532 by Surreal
Also I don't think this discussion is trying to find Parity Shift for sabbat but Parity Shift Equivalent. Everytime I see sabbat vote as my predator I'm like "Glad it's not camarilla politics and I'm not being hit by Parity Shift or Alastor". Sabbat really needs some cool strong vote card which is feared by your prey. Even independents have Reckless Agitation, sabbat has nothing.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 12:08 by Surreal.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds