file Card Idea: Good Sabbat Vote (Parity Shift Equivalent)

18 Sep 2011 09:14 #10435 by Joscha
@Kraus: I have to quote myself on wether it's as hard to put a vamp. to torpor with a pol. action as through combat.

Think of how many cards you need to send a vampire to torpor through combat (rush-card, damage-dealing or aggr. strike-cards, something against S:CE or maneuver, the risk of being in combat and get damaged yourself by it and so on). With your pol. action you just need an unblocked action and a won referendum (which actually could be one after a Cryptic Rider or another autowin card). You could be delayed, but still.

The idea of doing damage to another vampire with the pol. action is a good one I think. Maybe you can add "If the chosen minion is not ready after the referendum the controller of this acting minion gets two pool" or sth. like that. The damage dealing part would punish all the Villein-players who go too low on blood on a minion.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2011 09:50 #10442 by Kraus

@Kraus: I have to quote myself on wether it's as hard to put a vamp. to torpor with a pol. action as through combat.

Think of how many cards you need to send a vampire to torpor through combat (rush-card, damage-dealing or aggr. strike-cards, something against S:CE or maneuver, the risk of being in combat and get damaged yourself by it and so on). With your pol. action you just need an unblocked action and a won referendum (which actually could be one after a Cryptic Rider or another autowin card). You could be delayed, but still.

Then again just going into torpor is a different thing than going into torpor after getting a serious beating, and being tasted. :) I know about the card issue, but take into consideration: A vampire goes in torpor with a pol. actin with 4 blood, vs. a vampire goes in torpor without any blood, and the rusher gains 4 blood due to taste.

Just thinking. Sometimes getting into combat is worthwhile. Then again here's the option for voter cap, and such. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad card idea or anything. Just that there're also benefits for being in combat.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
18 Sep 2011 19:12 #10462 by direwolf
Remove blood from the vampire equal to the number of players in the game and move that blood to the acting vampire. Any sabbat vampire voting in favor of it gains a blood from the blood bank.

If you want to make it give pool like parity shift then how about:

Deal damage to the vampire equal to the number of players in the game and gain pool equal to the amount of blood burned by that vampire to heal. Any methuselah controlling a sabbat vampire that votes in favor gains a pool.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
19 Sep 2011 00:29 #10467 by simcof

I'd rather have the vote inflict damage instead of sending it right away to torpor.
I think it's strong enough without gaining pool.

Name: Public Castration
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Priscus, Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by your prey or predator. Successful referendum means the chosen minion takes X damage, where X is the difference between the acting vampire's capacity and the chosen minion capacity or cost.

Damage could be capped to 5 maybe.

I like the idea of damage, but I think this version makes the vote wallpaper vs other big cap decks. the idea is to make this on par with parity shift, which does two powerful things things (pool loss and pool gain).

how about something like this?

Name: Public Castration
Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by your prey or predator. Successful referendum means the chosen minion takes X damage and you gain X pool, where X is the number of methuselahs in the game.

More
19 Sep 2011 01:44 #10469 by the1andonlime
Would it make a difference if the target has to be ready? I'm seeing 3 of this called successfully on a single weenie in torpor, netting a total of 15 pool...

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
19 Sep 2011 01:55 - 19 Sep 2011 02:18 #10470 by technobabble66
"Name: Public Castration
Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by your prey or predator. Successful referendum means the chosen minion takes X damage and you gain X pool, where X is the number of methuselahs in the game."

Much better idea!
Self-limiting power (akin to PS) as Meths r knocked out
Involves some pool gain, but again not too much
I hv doubts it compares equally to PS, but at least it offers something

FWIW - Is it necessarily a good idea to introduce damaging effects thru pol. actions?
I appreciate the independents already hv it (& RA also...hmmm), but is this angle bordering on a point raised by another player in the game-tester thread a few days ago: that we really dont want to see too much cross-over of typical discipline abilities. ie: its not good to give POT bounce or intercept; force crypts to involve multiple disc's to cover that angle if desired.
Similarly, if pol. can already do pool gain/loss, burn/steal allies & locations & weapons, banish, untap, increase/decrease hand size, & add master actions... does it really need to mimic combat also?

I kinda like the card idea in many ways, but i'm wary of this crossing-over abilities...
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 02:18 by technobabble66.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds