file Card Idea: Good Sabbat Vote (Parity Shift Equivalent)

17 Sep 2011 11:10 #10402 by Disco_Stu
I just want to add that I think it's hilarious you chose Vykos as the vamp for the picture... according to the source material, Vykos' appearance at the Convention of Thorns included him performing a self-castration.., and then some... and throwing his, er, manhood across the table at Hardestadt.

Brings another meaning to the 'flung junk' deck concept, doesn't it? :)

cheers
Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 11:11 - 17 Sep 2011 11:12 #10403 by simcof

I just want to add that I think it's hilarious you chose Vykos as the vamp for the picture... according to the source material, Vykos' appearance at the Convention of Thorns included him performing a self-castration.., and then some... and throwing his, er, manhood across the table at Hardestadt.

Brings another meaning to the 'flung junk' deck concept, doesn't it? :)

cheers
Disco Stu

lol definitely intended :)
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 11:12 by simcof.

More
17 Sep 2011 11:19 #10404 by Surreal

thanks for the feedback guys! definitely as written is above curve at the moment.

that being said, I have a question. given this card existed; would Castration decks be appreciably stronger that their prince/justicar parity shift equivalents?

does torporing a vamp and gaining pool get you closer to winning the game than parity shift?

I don't think Castration decks would be stronger than parity shift decks but I don't care so much about that. You need to factor also is the card fun to play against. I can imagine many situations getting hit by this vote from crosstable to my tooled up vampire with almost nothing I could do. So this should be limited to pred/prey only (pref only prey). Also this + graverobbing is very easy to do and can be too gamebreaking. Maybe change that vampire goes to torpor during that player untap phase. Different version:

Public Castration

Requires a Priscus, Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Polical Action
Worth 1 Vote

Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by your prey or predator. Successful referendum sends the vampire to torpor or burns the ally during his or her next untap phase and you gain X pool if minion is controlled by your predator or your prey burns X pool if minion is controlled by your prey where X is the capacity of the vampire or cost of the ally (up to a maximum of the number of methuselahs in the game). Only one Public Castration can be played each turn.

More
17 Sep 2011 17:21 #10419 by Ankha
I'd rather have the vote inflict damage instead of sending it right away to torpor.
I think it's strong enough without gaining pool.

Name: Public Castration
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Priscus, Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose a younger vampire or ally controlled by your prey or predator. Successful referendum means the chosen minion takes X damage, where X is the difference between the acting vampire's capacity and the chosen minion capacity or cost.

Damage could be capped to 5 maybe.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Sep 2011 19:04 - 18 Sep 2011 07:00 #10421 by Boris The Blade

Damage could be capped to 5 maybe.

No need to: it takes an 11-cap targeting a full 5-cap to inflict 6 useful damage. In all other other cases, either the vote inflicts 5 or less or the extra damage is lost once the target is empty in torpor.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2011 07:00 by Boris The Blade.

More
18 Sep 2011 06:49 #10432 by Kraus
I think Ankha's idea makes the card way below Parity Shift, and if finding an equal to Parity Shift is the goal, that's not going to do it.

The concept is good, though, and thematically the card is hilarious. :) Some major tweaking of the ruling should be made, though.

For those that are afraid of grave robbing and this, combat can already manage this kind of a thing. Sometimes getting votes through is the easier way, sometimes not. And to really benefit from this kind of a card you'd need to voter cap it. A better approach in my opinion would be making the card more usable by all Sabbat guys, not just those with presence. I don't have any answers to how to manage this, but I'm just bringing it up. :)

The thing here is, that is stealing pool from players stronger than torporising a vampire, and gaining pool in the process. That might result in either a burnt/stolen vampire, or a wee bit delayed next turn and loss of two blood.

So, I dunno.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds