file Card idea: Pin the Fly

24 Nov 2011 13:11 #15779 by jamesatzephyr

Thoughts? Comments?

My main concern is that I wonder whether the effort is, perhaps, mis-guided. POT doesn't tend to play melee weapons because Immortal Grapple won't work. I'm not 100% convinced that untap-prevention is enough to get over the loss of Immortal Grapple.

And also if you have POT, most decks will just use combat cards instead of melee weapons - except Weighted Walking Stick. (Equip actions are a hassle if you lack untap, as many combat decks do. Concealed/Disguised is useful but annoying. Pier 13 and friends are slow etc.) At which point is this mostly just a card that makes Weighted Walking Stick-based combat better?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 13:13 #15780 by jamesatzephyr

There's no contradiction. Using role playing background is fine, but indicating that such or such effect is "illogical" in some cases is not. The dog "illogical" example is not a good argument.

It's just saying "I'd prefer this card didn't allow this corner-case, because I like real-ish interactions wherever possible." Which, as a statement of personal preference, is a perfectly reasonable argument.

More
24 Nov 2011 13:16 #15781 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly

There's no contradiction. Using role playing background is fine, but indicating that such or such effect is "illogical" in some cases is not. The dog "illogical" example is not a good argument.

Well, as I see it, it's not enough of an argument to scrap the card completely. But it's a bad point. My original post were proposing the mecanism mainly as a way for the vampire to unpin itself, avoiding a complete lock if stacked and in combination with pentex subversion.

Also, is there rule to propose card idea here ?

You can, but as a variation. If you want to suggest another card, it's easier to create a new post otherwise both versions will mix up, ending in a confusing thread.

My original post were proposing the mecanism mainly as a way for the vampire to unpin itself, avoiding a complete lock if stacked and in combination with pentex subversion.

2 words: crosstable help. Since it is a minion card, it takes an Eagle Sight to block a crosstable attempt to burn the card, doesn't it?

Correct. Minion cards are controlled (by default) by the minion it is on.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Nov 2011 13:17 #15782 by Boris The Blade
Just realizing: there is no reason to restrict the inferior effect to vampires only, it can work on any minion.

More
24 Nov 2011 13:19 #15784 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly

And also if you have POT, most decks will just use combat cards instead of melee weapons - except Weighted Walking Stick. (Equip actions are a hassle if you lack untap, as many combat decks do. Concealed/Disguised is useful but annoying. Pier 13 and friends are slow etc.) At which point is this mostly just a card that makes Weighted Walking Stick-based combat better?

Yeah, that's a point that concerns me. The trouble is that melee weapons are not worth the effort getting them. And if really needed, WWS does the trick.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Nov 2011 13:21 #15785 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly

Yeah, that's a point that concerns me. The trouble is that melee weapons are not worth the effort getting them. And if really needed, WWS does the trick.

This card don't really improve power level of melee cards, it's just another wallpaper.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds