file Card idea: Pin the Fly

24 Nov 2011 13:26 - 24 Nov 2011 13:27 #15786 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly
Ankha, in fact, with a little thought, I think this card is off for two reason.

* Potence does not really need any kind of combat card. This is an alternative to disarm, yes, but it's still pretty much the same effect in fact (IE you loose one or two action to get back your vampire)

* Melee weapon need mainly to be less hosed by any other combat. It need a way to fight back maneuver, combat end, dodge, and the huge cost of weapon equiping. Today, only Psyche and psychic tracking are in this departement, work with anything else, and seem not to be enough.

Just realizing: there is no reason to restrict the inferior effect to vampires only, it can work on any minion.

Maybe burning ally if like I tend to believe ally are a bit powerful ? Again, it's part RP consideration, part balance consideration. Not unlike "blood to water" and "liquefy the coil" that burn ally instead of burning 3 life.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 13:27 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 14:36 #15789 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly

* Melee weapon need mainly to be less hosed by any other combat. It need a way to fight back maneuver, combat end, dodge, and the huge cost of weapon equiping. Today, only Psyche and psychic tracking are in this departement, work with anything else, and seem not to be enough.

Cards already exist that make melee weapons awesome (or at least strong). The real trouble is noone is willing to spend that action getting a melee weapon in the first place.
Wouldn't it be better to ease the access to melee weapons?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Nov 2011 14:50 #15790 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly
Well, first of all, why would anyone use concealed for melee weapon instead of .44 ? And cards for melee weapons are not very strong.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Nov 2011 14:53 #15791 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly
Well, Concelead work pretty well but need a combos and even if you have both part you need to enter combat in addition. That's why it jam hand easily.

I would see two way to help with that :

* an action that let you equip a weapon and in the same action rush / bleed someone. Kind of a bum's rush with "equip a weapon before combat" instead of "have a free maneuver". The blocked case is somewhat problematic (maybe "equip a weapon before any combat until the end of the action" ?). You still need the combos, but the equiping card is still useful without weapon and you don't need to enter combat in addition to have the combo

* a concealed that doesn't need you to have the weapon, like a vast wealth in combat card. Maybe something with the research area, I.E. you first play some card to fill the research area with melee weapon, and then you take card from it with another battle card.

Also, Angel of Berlin is a weapon support that work well and can be a third way for that.

More
24 Nov 2011 15:06 #15792 by DeathInABottle

* an action that let you equip a weapon and in the same action rush / bleed someone. Kind of a bum's rush with "equip a weapon before combat" instead of "have a free maneuver". The blocked case is somewhat problematic (maybe "equip a weapon before any combat until the end of the action" ?). You still need the combos, but the equiping card is still useful without weapon and you don't need to enter combat in addition to have the combo

* a concealed that doesn't need you to have the weapon, like a vast wealth in combat card. Maybe something with the research area, I.E. you first play some card to fill the research area with melee weapon, and then you take card from it with another battle card.

I like both of these ideas quite a bit. Mind working them up as official "new cards" in the forum?

More
24 Nov 2011 15:13 #15793 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Pin the Fly

Well, Concelead work pretty well but need a combos and even if you have both part you need to enter combat in addition. That's why it jam hand easily.

I would see two way to help with that :

I was thinking about the second option, worth another post I guess.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds