file Card Idea: New Equipments

20 Dec 2011 15:15 #18929 by alasteir
Guys, guys, we don't need to fight. Yes, I'd take the items from the sourcebooks, and for those considered "official" (altought many things could be bring from "unofficial" ones, like midnight circus, or the red death trilogy, and I must say, I can identify things from those in some cards). Plus, I'd only ideas for equipments, but we don't need to add all of them on an expansion together, we don't need to put anyone of them. More often, they are only ideas, and you can contribute to make them more playable. Calm down...

All I can see here is that some prefer guns, and others prefer melee.. I do prefer melee, I think its because of the RPG. VTES has only 2 type of damage: normal and aggravated. RPG has non-lethal, lethal and aggravated, and melee sharpned weapons do lethal, a better damage than the first. Of course, this doesn' matter to the cards, but everything has something behind it. When playing VTES you should get the mood of the game, too, not only think on the strategy X,Y or Z. I like to play VTES and to see how something from the RPG is used on it.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2011 15:26 #18932 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card Idea: New Equipments

I wonder if you remember vtes (and WoD) is a game of modern horror and not a middle-age fantasy game. Gun's are fine, but magical swords?? come on, how many guys wondering streets with swords these days? And there is a reason for it :) IMO melee weapon combat should be just a small flavor and should not be used to often in modern games. It's just doesn't stick to main theme. So no new cards for it, please

You are aware that vampires are melee weapons are more deadly against vampires than small arms ?

You are aware that in existing background primary way to destroy a vampire is cutting his head off, which is hard to do with guns ?

Guns just aren't efficient enough against vampires. In term of mechanic they deal bashing damage (lethal against non-vampires) that is mostly ignored by canites, while blades deal lethal damage.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesatzephyr

More
20 Dec 2011 15:53 #18936 by Ohlmann

Guns just aren't efficient enough against vampires. In term of mechanic they deal bashing damage (lethal against non-vampires) that is mostly ignored by canites, while blades deal lethal damage.

It's pretty true - and, in fact, the claw from protean (or being in frenzy, or viss, or the tongue from serpentis) is by far the more lethal weapon easily accessed by a vampire, simply by the virtue of doing aggravated damage.

In VtES, I alway think that guns are so expensives because they are blessed by true faith cleric or something like that, because otherwise I don't understand why it's so costly to have a desert eagle and why it does so much damage on the vampires :p

(of course, the real reason is on both end gameplay issue. The RPG have nerfed again and again firearms to avoid ruling out melee damage, the CCG have done the exact opposite as to make ranged weapon useful - maybe a bit too much ; for the same reason guns are rarely a problem to get in the RPG because the focus is not on legal struggle over weapon, while equipping guns is very costly in the CCG because of game mechanism)

More
20 Dec 2011 16:21 #18941 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card Idea: New Equipments
To be fair, guns are deadly against mortals and werewolves in rpg.

Also, do you know guys that in modern times, way more people are killed by melee weapons than by guns ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
20 Dec 2011 16:27 #18942 by Ohlmann

To be fair, guns are deadly against mortals and werewolves in rpg.

It may be because of homebrew and / or use of the Werewolf RPG rule, but it certainly didn't seem so to me :p

But that's true, mortal, and especially mage are very easily killed by guns. Humans in the RPG are rarely a big deal, but mage can be.

Also, do you know guys that in modern times, way more people are killed by melee weapons than by guns ?

I were very aware of this for the piratery age, and I also know that peoples have an hard time using firearm to kill people, especially if they see the eye of their victims. But not that it was still true. I suppose doing fatal wound with melee weapon is "easier" (to do without being willing to kill, and also simply to hit something without training)

(of course, it's mainly true for your regular, not mad, human, and it may not translate well for some sabbat vampire that see you as a treat more than as a conscient thing)

More
21 Dec 2011 05:08 #18968 by Juggernaut1981
Really... I just want to know...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds