file Card Idea: New Equipments

19 Dec 2011 20:51 #18880 by Ohlmann

You do not play the RPG, I must say

I play it, and I does have a big pile of supplements. And quite a lot of gaming behind me.

We can low the cost, of course... but remember, despite WWS, the kukri should stay, and does not have any counter to burn.

How, since Baal burn it at the end of the round ?

Even with something that don't burn it, why on earth would you pay 2 pool to make aggravated damage when Claw of the dead cost 1 blood ?

Don't know about you, but my imbued would like to have an Eye of the Gangrel to add +1 intercept, or a Jarthis Tongue. You could not like them, but that don't mean that they are bad, or do not fit good for some decks.

Well, I will say it : they *are* bad. The kukri is the weakest, but most are really weak, in addition to the problem they can cause.

BTW, your imbued can already try the +1 intercept retainer, no ? Should we create 30 unique +1 intercepts stuff so that every one can have one ?1

that must explain why I see Ivory Bow, Heart of Nizchetus, or Bowl of Convergence in every single game

They should not. I have mentionned the Aabt kindred but are far from the only problem of Vampire.

But in addition to that, pretty much every one want thoses rare artifact, so it is somewhat fitting. Here, it's really the D&D formulae 'so, I have looted this +1 magic sword at the end of the random encounter with a Sabbat Cardinal ..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 21:10 #18883 by alasteir
Well, I think only that vampire ARE magic creatures, and a world with them can have much more things. Of course they should be limited. I must say you would die if I posted this :P :

Splinters of the Black Stake
type: equipment
cost: 1 pool
rarity:
source: book of storyteller's secrets

Unique melee weapon.
Send the opposing vampire to torpor as a strike. This card is transferred to that vampire, and he or she cannot be rescued or came out from torpor as long as this card as in play. Any minion may take a (D) action at the striking minion's controller to burn this card.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
20 Dec 2011 05:16 #18898 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Card Idea: New Equipments
-- my review
Tal mahe'Ra Blade
2+2 damage, or 4+4 damage under signpost
can be too powerful for 3 pool cost

Kukri
i agree, it's too weak. mb reduce cost to 1 pool? and add some other useful effect?

Weyland’s Wyrcan
interesting, but too much text. it should be revised.
Unique melee weapon. Strength+2 (? or just +1) damage each strike. The bearer of this equipment can play combat cards that require basic celerity (and/or potence) as a vampire..

Ainkurn Sword
powerful. i see Qawiyya el-Ghaduba using it, to gain up to 4 blood each combat. i'd be nice to modify the concept, so the sword could represent magical-cursed-life-draining sword, usable by allies too. mb only half damage converted to blood/life. mb some drawback.

Damascene Blade
not nice. overpowered, imho. first strike + additional strike + prevent + ...wtf? leave just "Str+1 damage and first strike" and it'll be powerful enough.

Vathi
so so. just change text to "Tap this vampire and burn 2 blood to ..." and make cost 1-2 pool.

Eye of Gangrel
weak. 1 intercept for 2 pool? i'll buy 2 sport bikes =) tweak this to grant another usefull effect. how about
Unique equipment. This minion gets +1 intercept and -1 stealth. Once each turn this minion can play reactions or attempt to block as though untapped until the current action is concluded.

The Anger's fang
nice not so nice. can't prevent? is anyone going to use it then? and what's up with common rarity and unique equipment?.. Anyway, this was nice attempt to get cheap and rude +1 strength boost.

Heart's Shield
the fluff description doesn't match the card effect. How a piece of steel around heart can protect against flamethrower? effect should be changed, imho. How about granting protection against diablerie? (just random idea) Or one-time effect preventing going to torpor?

Jarthis Tongue
nice. +1 stealth or -1.. wait, what? Did you mean +1 intercept? Or -1 stealth? Can i tap equipment to grant another minion +stealth? That rises cost to 2-3 pool.

Vilany's Cloth
weak. we have Sargon Fragment, which is cheaper and better.

Splinters of the Black Stake
not bad, but too late. We have already a Rowan Ring.

-- "that must explain why I see Ivory Bow, .."
I'll just mention, that it's not a vampires who find magical-ultra-rare equipment. The equipment is found by powerful, ancient methuselahs, who naturally gather all useful things to spread their power further.

More
20 Dec 2011 09:18 - 20 Dec 2011 09:19 #18906 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: New Equipments
I wonder if you remember vtes (and WoD) is a game of modern horror and not a middle-age fantasy game. Gun's are fine, but magical swords?? come on, how many guys wondering streets with swords these days? And there is a reason for it :) IMO melee weapon combat should be just a small flavor and should not be used to often in modern games. It's just doesn't stick to main theme. So no new cards for it, please
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 09:19 by alek.

More
20 Dec 2011 09:41 #18910 by jamesatzephyr

I wonder if you remember vtes (and WoD) is a game of modern horror and not a middle-age fantasy game. Gun's are fine, but magical swords??

The Sword of Nuln. The Crimson Sentinel. Blade of Enoch. Crusader Sword.

Joumlon's AXE.

come on, how many guys wondering streets with swords these days?

How many hunters, vampires, garou, mages, wraiths and slathering great war ghouls do you see wandering the streets these days?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
20 Dec 2011 09:50 #18911 by Ohlmann

The Sword of Nuln. The Crimson Sentinel. Blade of Enoch. Crusader Sword.

Joumlon's AXE.

Are they a good idea ? VtES have ridiculous card, it's known, and it's not a reason to duplicate them.

Also, you dilute the whole unique concept when you do ten uniques swords with very similar power

How many hunters, vampires, garou, mages, wraiths and slathering great war ghouls do you see wandering the streets these days?

The world of darkness try to be coherent with itself. Magical sword just don't fit well in it at all, for a number of reason :

* they are extremely hard to create. By 'extremely' I mean less than ten vampires are supposed to be able to create magical sword. The only other viable sources are demons (not too easy in addition to infernal problems) and mage (and they won't last long, and mages capable to do this are all about extinct or hell-bent on destroying vampires)

* they are done on purpose, not with some random power. The Soul Gem of Etrius being the main example : exactly one vampire is able to create it, it have been created with a very specific purpose. A magical sword of vampire killing is way too difficult to do compared to some flamethrower.

* they tend to stay with their owner, and so should often be backed in the vampire and not as an equipment.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds