file Lazarus

22 Jan 2012 02:33 #21412 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Lazarus
Just give him a built-in Trochomancy-type ability and strong use of Nec :nec: and Thn :thn:. If its 'too much text' cut out the cheap discipline ability.

Lazarus the Faithless
:hosk: Harbringer of Skulls
:cap11: Group 6
:AUS::FOR::NEC::OBF::SER::THN:
Independent. Whenever a Harbringer of Skulls :hosk: bleeds your prey, you may burn the top 2 cards of their library. Lazarus may burn 7 cards from your prey's ashheap to gain +3 bleed. Necromancy :nec: and Thanatosis :thn: cards cost Lazarus 1 less blood or pool.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 14:35 - 22 Jan 2012 14:35 #21446 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Lazarus
Whoa, whoa, let's think this through! :O

We have a clan with Slaughterhouses, and Lazarus with an additional ability for all Harbingers to burn cards from a library, and a 11-cap guy with :AUS: :FOR: and :OBF: that pretty easily has an unmodified bleed value of 7 or 10. Just maybe make if "gain +3 bleed for the current action"? :)

At least you'd get to use Blessed Resilience a lot once people learn to really use those Archon Investigations. ;)

No, but seriously, even as that it's a wee bit too brutal, and I don't think we need to strengthen the Slaugtherhouse effect. At least Harbingers don't need extra techs to double Slaugtherhouses. Some other tricks, maybe? The Throchomancy ability is pretty cool, but shouldn't be more than +2 Bleed per action in my opinion.

Anyways, I really don't know what to think about these fan-made über vampires... :/

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 22 Jan 2012 14:35 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang, Lech, captain1arm

More
22 Jan 2012 17:49 #21458 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Lazarus
I don't want to see 11 cap :hosk: that is independent, I'd rather see Japhet.

Also, whats up with all that deck milling love ? How it's related to mortis ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
22 Jan 2012 17:56 #21459 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Lazarus

I don't want to see 11 cap :hosk: that is independent, I'd rather see Japhet.

I'm not too sure of what represent 11-cap in VtES, but you have a good point in that harbinger don't have that kind of importance.

And Japhet is dead and diablerized, with only very partial hint of one harbinger believing he's still alive, so it's not a too good idea too. At least, the saulot plot in the WoD was often refered to.

Also, whats up with all that deck milling love ? How it's related to mortis ?

Because one card of harbinger, slaughterhouse, is a milling card. I tend to find the idea kind of silly, and I would prefer something both more efficient and less likely to be broken.

More
22 Jan 2012 22:22 #21482 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Lazarus

We have a clan with Slaughterhouses, and Lazarus with an additional ability for all Harbingers to burn cards from a library ((SNIP))
At least you'd get to use Blessed Resilience a lot once people learn to really use those Archon Investigations. ;)

No, but seriously, even as that it's a wee bit too brutal, and I don't think we need to strengthen the Slaugtherhouse effect. At least Harbingers don't need extra techs to double Slaugtherhouses. Some other tricks, maybe? The Throchomancy ability is pretty cool, but shouldn't be more than +2 Bleed per action in my opinion.

Anyways, I really don't know what to think about these fan-made über vampires... :/

1) This already one vampire with a built in slaughterhouse on bleeds...
Zygodat
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls (group 4)
Capacity: 6
Disciplines: :AUS: :NEC: :pot:
Sabbat: When Zygodat successfully bleeds a Methuselah, she may burn the top two cards of that Methuselah's library.

2) Of all the abilities, it would be the first one I would drop.

3) I'd be happy to teach people to love their Archons...

4) Sure, its brutal, but probably not that far away from Saulot + Neutral Guard + Repulsion + ((:AUS: Bleed Tech)) + Spirit Marionette

5) Apparently Lazarus is likely to be the source of the Samedi since he and his childer avoided the Feast of Folly. Lazarus used Serpentis to kill Caias Kione, and then Lazarus and his childer became the Infitiores and stayed in Egypt. It is then suggested that Lazarus may have become the Capuchin and the Childer of Lazarus became the Samedi. Seems reasonable for Lazarus to have a stealth ability, seems reasonable he has a some-what prodigious ability at :nec: and :thn: and since he's originally a Cappadocian (:aus::for: mortis). So a discipline spread of :AUS::FOR::NEC::OBF::SER::THN: seems to fit a potential 'cause' of the Samedi who was a Cappadocian and killed his brother with :SER:.

Lazarus the Faithless
:hosk: (or maybe :same:)
:cap11:
:AUS::FOR::NEC::OBF::SER::THN:
Independent. When Lazarus successfully bleeds your prey, he may burn 7 cards from their ashheap to gain +3 bleed. Cards requiring Necromancy :nec: or Thanatosis :thn: cost Lazarus 1 less blood.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
22 Jan 2012 23:02 #21484 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Lazarus
Why would he have :THN:? Also he has :POT:

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds