file Lazarus

21 Jan 2012 03:23 - 21 Jan 2012 03:36 #21343 by LunaSlave
Replied by LunaSlave on topic Re: Lazarus
I like this, minus the Thanatosis, I agree with Ohlmann. :) Personally, though, I think he should contribute in some way to the Slaughterhouse/Zygodat sort of mechanic...ie "milling" your prey, in Magic terms. It's one of the unique and cool things about the HoS, and what better than their 11-cap to help? He should be able to do it without Brinksmanship, or withdrawal at all, actually.

How about this?

Lazarus, the Faithless
Harbingers of Skulls :hosk:

:AUS: :FOR: :NEC: :POT: :ani: :dom:
:cap11: Group 5
Independent. Whenever a Harbinger of Skulls :hosk: you control successfully bleeds your prey, burn the top two cards of your prey's library. If your prey has zero cards in their library, Lazarus, the Faithless may burn 5 blood during your untap phase to oust them from the game.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 03:36 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 05:27 - 21 Jan 2012 05:30 #21346 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Lazarus
Why would he be a :hosk:? I know he's was considered the possible starter of the :hosk: but isn't more likely that he started the :same: and that the Feast of Folly survivors are the :hosk:? I also don't see why he would be welcomed by the :hosk: if he's not Sabbat and he's far to selfish and impulsive to have a "team-player" special.

If anything I would rather see Jepheth as a :hosk: 11-cap and The Capuchin as a 11-cap :giov: who may or may not be Lazarus.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 05:30 by Pullen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech, captain1arm

More
21 Jan 2012 06:31 #21347 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Lazarus

Why would he be a :hosk:? I know he's was considered the possible starter of the :hosk: but isn't more likely that he started the :same: and that the Feast of Folly survivors are the :hosk:? I also don't see why he would be welcomed by the :hosk: if he's not Sabbat and he's far to selfish and impulsive to have a "team-player" special.

Well, the Harbingers are nominally Sabbat, but they really don't care too much for the sect.

One possibility is that after being freed from Kaymakli (by Japheth), they joined the Sabbat only because Japheth told them to do so (because it would further his own schemes). IIRC, this is presented under Unre's write-up in Children of the Night.

Alternatively, I believe the Gehenna sourcebook has them joining the Sabbat mainly to get revenge against the Giovanni (once again, they care little for the sect).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
21 Jan 2012 11:20 #21356 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Lazarus

Why would he be a :hosk:?

Saulot should not be Salubri by this reasoning :) but Lazarus share the Harbinger disciplines, and using them as pawn suit him. He has a lot less in common with Samedi in my opinion.

More
21 Jan 2012 12:31 #21358 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Lazarus

Saulot should not be Salubri by this reasoning :) but Lazarus share the Harbinger disciplines, and using them as pawn suit him. He has a lot less in common with Samedi in my opinion.

What you could do, if you wanted to play both sides, is have him as a Harbinger but also have a special that was something like: "You and he may play cards requiring Samedi [HAT] as if he were one." Or the other way round.

However, that takes up card text, which is very limited on crypt cards.

More
21 Jan 2012 13:44 - 21 Jan 2012 13:44 #21362 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Lazarus
Lady Trog also have :AUS: :FOR: :NEC: , and she don't have :OBF: (just :obf:), yet she is :same:, not :hosk:.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 13:44 by Lech.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds