file Card Idea: Wrest

06 Feb 2012 13:37 #22386 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

oh, another card that removes minion interaction from the game. Great idea :angry:

Just like pentex.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 13:43 #22387 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
I'm not a big fan of pentex, but at least, thanks to "removable as D action" clause, it often increases number of interactions beetween minions on the table

More
06 Feb 2012 14:04 #22388 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

I'm not a big fan of pentex, but at least, thanks to "removable as D action" clause, it often increases number of interactions beetween minions on the table

This card also increase minion interaction. Contesting a card for 2 pools per turn is sustainable only if you quickly do something decisive.

Don't forget that it will contest not too interactive card : for example Pentex, Secure Haven, Zaire Ferry, ... It may not alway promote forward motion and interaction, but it definitely can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Feb 2012 14:29 - 06 Feb 2012 14:48 #22389 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
I sort of liked the idea, but contesting a vampire should be more costly.

Wrestle
Type: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Master. Unique.
Choose an unique library or master card controlled by your predator or prey. This card contests that card as though it were the same card. Any metusaleah can add a counter to this card from their pool during their untap phase. Contesting a vampire costs you 1+X pool, where X is the amount of counters on this card. If this card has 3 or more counters, you must yield. Winner of the contest gains counters as pool from this card.

More interaction with the table, and in the end you must pay a lot if you want to contest a vampire for a long time.

And, it also rewards for winning a contest.

I'm not sure how the wording would go if the metusaleah with the contested card is ousted before he or she yields.

Also, should this card automatically gain counter?

EDIT: Reduced "timer" to 3 counters, and rephrased some text.
EDIT2: Rephrased the initial target of the contest.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 06 Feb 2012 14:48 by Jussi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Feb 2012 14:37 - 06 Feb 2012 14:48 #22391 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
I feel better would be just add any minion may burn this card as d-action to encourage interaction. But I would like to see that Wrest card some sort of action card b/c I like the idea. Like this:

EDIT
(too much text maybe)
Name: Wrest
Cardype: + 1 stealth Action
Cost: 1 blood
Put this card on this vampire and select unique minion card or unique master card in play on younger vampire or ally. This card contests with the chosen card as if it were a copy of that card. If you win the contest or this vampire goes to torpor, burn this card. If you use discard phase action to discard this card you may burn unique master card controlled by another methuselah on your vampire.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2012 14:48 by Surreal.

More
06 Feb 2012 14:46 #22392 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
@Surreal

Yeah, the interaction is too slow. I reduced the timer, so it can be burnt rather quickly.

Option to contest a vampire (or minion) is strong, but hey - it's just an idea.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds