file Card Idea: Wrest

06 Feb 2012 15:10 #22393 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
I also think Pentex Subversion would better be as action. Interaction with master cards is boring.

Pentex(TM) Subversion
Cardype: +1 stealth Action
Cost: 2 pool
Unique
Put this card on any ready minion. The minion with this card cannot take actions and cannot block actions. This card may be burned by any other minion as a (D) action. If this action is succesful this vampire untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 15:20 #22394 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
Pentex Subversion as an action would defeat its entire purpose.

More
06 Feb 2012 16:27 #22397 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

More interaction with the table, and in the end you must pay a lot if you want to contest a vampire for a long time.

A library card is a vampire only in very specific case. And in at least one of theses case, it's catastrophic and against the desired goal. It's just plain better to forbid vampire from being contested this way.

More
06 Feb 2012 17:03 - 06 Feb 2012 17:06 #22400 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

It's sort of like a Pentex for something that's not a minion and can set you up for a lunge, or keep you in the game. On the other hand it's like a DI in that it deals with a lot of stuff that you normally can't deal with, which is not really that great, especually since it's also not unique (which it shouldn't be, IMK). I would like it to go away at some point because then it's not too easily abused in combination with master recursion Parity Shift type of decks.

Precisely. Good concerns to raise. Having the card itself be unique would be somewhat counterintuitive and disfunctional under the rules since it already starts being contested as soon as it enters play, what would be gained by having it be unique? Once per game/methuselah would be a different story.

Name: Wrest
Cardype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Put his card in play and select another unique master or unique minion card in play controlled by your predator or prey. This card contests with the chosen card as if it were a copy of that card. During your untap phase put a counter on this card. Burn this card when it has 2 counters. If you win the contest, burn this card and burn 1 pool.

It contests for only 2 turns now and only contests predators or preys to prevent it from mingling with crosstable ousts. I think the 2 pool for contest is too high a cost, given that the card already costs 2 pool. Just 1 pool per turn feels better, especially if it goes away after 2 turns.

This. I like your reasoning in only having this affect Pred/Prey, since it is already such a poor play interaction-wise. The turn limitation also strikes me as a positive alteration since I got to thinking that there are some situations when prolonged contestation with this card would be _really_ to one's advantage. Possible situations would be a Smiling Jack/Constant Revolution that's already hopped up on counters... I would gladly burn two pool (under my version of the card) to avoid burning 5 blood/pool/cards from hand. Since that is usually the wall deck's main means of oust, it would be rather unfair to deny it on a permanent basis.

All in all, very nice calls.

Drain
Last edit: 06 Feb 2012 17:06 by Drain.

More
07 Feb 2012 07:10 #22483 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

More interaction with the table, and in the end you must pay a lot if you want to contest a vampire for a long time.

A library card is a vampire only in very specific case. And in at least one of theses case, it's catastrophic and against the desired goal. It's just plain better to forbid vampire from being contested this way.

Yeah, thazz has been pointed out already.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds