file Card Idea: Wrest

05 Feb 2012 22:23 #22378 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

Contest another unique minion in play, like a vampire? So, I get to spend 2 pool and contest Arika? A bargain!

All suggestions is about unique minion cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2012 22:32 - 05 Feb 2012 22:34 #22379 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
I don't think it's a bad idea, actually.

It's sort of like a Pentex for something that's not a minion and can set you up for a lunge, or keep you in the game. On the other hand it's like a DI in that it deals with a lot of stuff that you normally can't deal with, which is not really that great, especually since it's also not unique (which it shouldn't be, IMK). I would like it to go away at some point because then it's not too easily abused in combination with master recursion Parity Shift type of decks. How about

Name: Wrest
Cardype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Put his card in play and select another unique master or unique minion card in play controlled by your predator or prey. This card contests with the chosen card as if it were a copy of that card. During your untap phase put a counter on this card. Burn this card when it has 2 counters. If you win the contest, burn this card and burn 1 pool.

It contests for only 2 turns now and only contests predators or preys to prevent it from mingling with crosstable ousts. I think the 2 pool for contest is too high a cost, given that the card already costs 2 pool. Just 1 pool per turn feels better, especially if it goes away after 2 turns.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2012 22:34 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Drain

More
05 Feb 2012 23:03 #22380 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
My biggest problem with this card is that you can dig it from your ash heap with Anthelios and shutdown many threats easily (+ you can shutdown great beast deck with one card). I would like to see clause "remove this card from game when it enters your ash heap".

More
06 Feb 2012 03:24 #22383 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
Ah, one word makes a huge difference.

I do think it's a bit unfair for a master card to contest a unique minion card like equipment, retainers or allies when the other methuselah had to actually succeed somehow to get the card into play.

We already have Political Seizure which is a bit too limited to be useful. Sounds like this card is riffing off of that a bit.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
06 Feb 2012 10:06 #22384 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest

My biggest problem with this card is that you can dig it from your ash heap with Anthelios and shutdown many threats easily (+ you can shutdown great beast deck with one card). I would like to see clause "remove this card from game when it enters your ash heap".

By design this card is more offensive than defensive, because it cost you a lot, so using it to block your predator is likely to get you ousted.

For the great beast problem, you may make it contest a non-vampire minion card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Feb 2012 11:21 #22385 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Wrest
oh, another card that removes minion interaction from the game. Great idea :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds