file Aire of Carnage - more throughput for bruise-bleed

09 Mar 2012 19:42 - 10 Mar 2012 10:00 #25446 by Ashur
I haven´t read all of the "Is combat weak"-thread, but I notice Brujah bruise-bleed deck seldom win tournaments. Is this worth adressing? I think so.

Aire of Carnage
Action Modifier
Presence
1 blood
You cannot play another action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action.
 +1 bleed; +2 bleed if bled is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.
 +2 bleed; +3 bleed if bled is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.

Simple design isn´t necessarily bad.
Re-using "Old design" doesn´t have to be bad.
Few characters in a card text isn´t necessarily bad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 10:00 by Ashur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2012 19:54 - 09 Mar 2012 19:55 #25447 by Dorrinal
There are many problems with bruise-bleed, but bleeding for 3 isn't one of them - any knucklehead with :dom: can do that. Furthermore, the "if vampire is in torpor" clause gives even more incentive to your prey to just say "no block", bounce the bleed, and make you choke on combat cards.

:trem:
Last edit: 09 Mar 2012 19:55 by Dorrinal.

More
09 Mar 2012 20:13 #25448 by Pendargon
People, i keep hearing this things about combat being weak, and not winning, and blahblah.

Now i will point you towards innnumerable wins nana buruku decks made during the last year and a half or so...

Why?
1. Deep song
2. More master phases

Number 2 can be addressed with parthenons, but potence and other combat disciplines lack awesome flexibility that deepo song provides. Action that is both rush, or when nobody is there to rush, bleed....

Now, if there was a card looking something like :
action
[pot] Bleed at +1 bleed
[POT] Enter combat with a ready minion. This Vampire gets an optional maneuver in the resulting combat

Pot combat would then be, imho, more viable...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
09 Mar 2012 20:14 #25449 by Ashur

any knucklehead with :dom: can do that.

Eh, but Brujah don´t generally have dom. And dom shouldn´t be needed in all decks that you want to win with, right?

I was thinking about actually ousting your prey after you´ve torporized their vamps. I guess the idea was the same with Codex of the Edenic Groundkeepers, one of the best cards added in recent years.

I have several more ideas for bruise-bleed. Stay tuned.

More
09 Mar 2012 20:17 #25450 by Ashur

Now, if there was a card looking something like :
action
[pot] Bleed at +1 bleed
[POT] Enter combat with a ready minion. This Vampire gets an optional maneuver in the resulting combat

I have thought of the exact same thing. Celerity could also get a card like this, although there are a risk of combat getting a bit too good. Maybe cost 1 blood?

More
09 Mar 2012 20:17 #25451 by drstrange26
Aire of Carnage
Action Modifier
Presence
2 blood
You cannot play another action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action.
This bleed action cannot be redirected.
[pot] +2 bleed if bleed is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.
[POT]+3 bleed if bleed is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.

I like the idea mentioned here.
But I agree that bleed bounce hurts this idea so I changed the concept.
I think pre doesn't need a boost.
And it would be usable against prey who don't have a vampire in torpor.
So it wouldn't be totally useless.

Dr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds