file Aire of Carnage - more throughput for bruise-bleed

09 Mar 2012 20:56 - 09 Mar 2012 20:59 #25455 by AaronC

I haven´t read all of the "Is combat weak"-thread, but I notice Brujah bruise-bleed deck seldom win tournaments. Is this worth adressing? I think so.

Aire of Carnage
Action Modifier
Presence
1 blood
You cannot play another action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action.
 +1 bleed; +2 bleed if bled is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.
 +2 bleed; +3 bleed if bled is directed against a methuselah with a vampire in torpor.

If Aire of Elation is okay, this is okay as written.

I also like Dr. Strange's non-redirectable version with :pot: :pre: .
Last edit: 09 Mar 2012 20:59 by AaronC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2012 21:33 #25457 by Izaak
Except that´s ridiculously strong, as it´s basically a Perfect Clarity on two inferior, common as fuck disciplines that works on more than just dominate bounce and hasn't to be played as the action is announced.

Yes, there is a drawback in not being able to stack bleed modifiers, but this is hardly a problem if you can just play Intimidation for free, modify with Leverage and go. Add in some vampires with +bleed built-in and you're landing unbouncable bleeds for 5.

Now imagine how Quicksilver Contemplation figures into this.

Also, it kinda misses the mark entirely. I would never play it in a rush deck. I would still play Aire over this, as Aire is cheaper, works all the time and I'll end up torping the vampires with AUS and dom anyway.

More
09 Mar 2012 21:54 #25459 by Dorrinal
Point well taken Izaak, but allow me to nitpick. Perfect Clarity is crap and if a card wallpapers it, good.

:trem:

More
09 Mar 2012 22:28 #25460 by Dorrinal

I haven´t read all of the "Is combat weak"-thread, but I notice Brujah bruise-bleed deck seldom win tournaments. Is this worth adressing? I think so.

EuroBrujah is fairly well represented. Nothing says "bruise-bleed" like :DOM::POT:.

More
09 Mar 2012 23:00 #25461 by Klaital

any knucklehead with :dom: can do that.

Eh, but Brujah don´t generally have dom. And dom shouldn´t be needed in all decks that you want to win with, right?

I was thinking about actually ousting your prey after you´ve torporized their vamps. I guess the idea was the same with Codex of the Edenic Groundkeepers, one of the best cards added in recent years.

I have several more ideas for bruise-bleed. Stay tuned.

Any knucklehead with pre can bleed for 3 also. I always have legals in my brujah/!brujah rush decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
09 Mar 2012 23:28 #25463 by Dorrinal
Quick and superficial analysis:

What makes Euro Brujah good?
  • Crazy good defense: Second Tradition, Deflection
  • Theo Bell can flow combat cards.
  • Parity Shift!!!
What makes Tremere B&B good?
  • The third 'B': Carna, AUS
  • Magic of the Smith to Heart of Nizchetus to flow cards and get just the right equipment.
  • Theft of Vitae generates blood which translates to a pool/minion advantage.
What makes :cel::pot::pre: bruise-bleed bad?
  • No defense.
  • Can't unjam combat cards without rush actions.
  • Weak pool gain (Enchant Kindred, Social Charm, etc.)

What do all three deck types have in common? They can bleed for 3 or more easily. Therefore, I think any card(s) aimed at making standard Brujah bruise-bleed more viable must address its weaknesses - namely, defense.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds