file Aire of Carnage - more throughput for bruise-bleed

09 Mar 2012 23:47 #25464 by Klaital
Well tbh cel/pot/pre bruise bleed can also use Theo Bell to flush combat cards. But yeah unless you add in a deflection module (Wah and Theo both have dominate at least, there are probably others also), your only defense is back rushing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2012 00:58 #25465 by AaronC
Actually there is a defense, but it's inferior: generic intercept such as Sport Bike, KCRG News Radio, and Elder Intervention, with untap cards and Archon Investigation. It's inferior, but when Anvil gets a Sports Bike and Mr. Winthrop, all of a sudden you're not such an easy oust.

There was another thread some time ago where people talked about bleed bounce for other disciplines. My suggestion there was bleed cancellation for Presence, namely for the sake of the Brujah. Such a defense could even be explained by *gasp* source material Presence powers. I was sagely advised that bleed cancellation was Bad For The Game because a game needs the offense of bounce for momentum. Anyway, I agree with Dorrinal that Brujah bruise and bleed, though it looks like fun, is lacking in defense.

Still I support the OP with his idea, which is an Aire of Elation for Brujah instead of Toreador. They need the surprise ousting power as much as if not more than the Torries.

More
10 Mar 2012 07:23 #25474 by Ashur

What do all three deck types have in common? They can bleed for 3 or more easily. Therefore, I think any card(s) aimed at making standard Brujah bruise-bleed more viable must address its weaknesses - namely, defense.

Sure, everything you say is right. Quite possibly there are other cards what I´d rather see for Brujah bruise-bleed - better rush cards, see above, and some kind of nifty defense cards. But I would still like Aire of Carnage, to improve the offense.

It´s pretty weird there are only one bleed action modifier for presence. If we made more, one that´s good for bruise-bleed would be nice.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
10 Mar 2012 09:11 #25477 by Ohlmann

It´s pretty weird there are only one bleed action modifier for presence. If we made more, one that´s good for bruise-bleed would be nice.

I don't find that too weird, especially since POT/PRE have a pretty sweet modifier.

If we want a card that help Brujah to survive, maybe something like Touch Of pain, I.E. something that weaken your predator, but that alway do something visible even on the first use ? Touch of pain is not bad per se, it's just that you are often ousted or at 2 pool before your predator begin to slow down.

The retaliation defense is a strong concept for me, but it lack support outside of Setite (and I am far from sure that it's that strong in a setite + potence deck)

More
10 Mar 2012 09:40 #25478 by Klaital
My problem is more that Aire is really weak (unless your toreador), it should be free (with toreador having option to burn a blood to get that extra +1). You don't need to have lots of different bleed modifiers, you just need one that is good. There are at least three other presence bleed modifiers, though all of them either require anarch or some other discpline also in addition to presence.

There is no need for other discplines to get bounce though, there is already the discplineless Lost in Translation for those who really feel they MUST have bounce in every deck. Street Cred is more in the line for helping brujah rush decks survive longer (although it shouldn't cost blood and should be playable once per round or at very least once per combat, not once per turn). Familial Bond from Ebony Kingdom is also another example of a cool design for defense to combat decks, I am actually surprised that doesn't see more play.

More
10 Mar 2012 09:59 #25481 by Juggernaut1981
Familial Bond doesn't see play because the ones likely to block, will do so without Familial (it's also against (D) actions and not undirected so it won't save you from a vote). Guruhi and Akunanse block with the ANI options. Osebo have AUS CEL and that's usually good for between +2 and +6 intercept. Ishtarri can't block a bus in a tight alley with a steel girder... so a pathetic +1 intercept with a 'maybe fight with your almight CEL FOR (which unless you are 8 cap you won't have both)..." isn't really much of an option.

Brujah get intercept usually from 2nd Trad or from owning a shedload of Media locations. A new PRE bleed modifier (maybe with a limited +bleed and mild bloat) would be good. Maybe some PRE reduce would be nice.

Note: Terra Incognita is generally more useful than Familial.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds