file Card idea: Thick Blood

12 Apr 2012 06:24 #27721 by Ankha
Card idea: Thick Blood was created by Ankha
Name: Thick Blood
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Quietus
[qui] Maneuver.
[QUI] Only usable before range is determined. Combat cards cost the opposing minion an additional blood or life this combat.

Some kind of Terror Frenzy (sup) or Wave of Lethargy on steroids (since it's not limited). Useless at superior if your opponent does nothing but hand strike (or use equipment).
I thought of making it free, but anyway there's plenty of way of not paying the combat cards in quietus, so this is more balanced with a 1-blood cost.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2012 06:32 #27722 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Seem balanced. Especially powerful against long combat chain that does not work too well anyway. Easily cyclable.

I would put some kind of limit. It's implausible that playing 6-7 free thick blood per combat would be viable, but it would be annoying as hell.

More
12 Apr 2012 06:40 #27723 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Superior should be limited to once per combat, basic effect could use a bit of oomph as its a bit weak for card that costs a blood. Although I would just make the card free, with the once per combat limit to the superior.

More
12 Apr 2012 06:42 #27724 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

Although I would just make the card free, with the once per combat limit to the superior.

I agree for free but 1 per combat or 1 blood but 3 per combat maximum.

More
12 Apr 2012 06:51 #27725 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Inferior is worthless. Quietus do not need cards that cost blood without reasonable effects.

If it would be "combat cards, healing damage and preventing destruction) cost opposing minion an additional blood" then sure, it's worth the cost (even with useless inferior)(and yes, healing damage means opposing vampire pay 2 blood to heal 1 damage).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
12 Apr 2012 12:50 #27741 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Inferior could be tweaked, sure.

As for limiting the superior effect, I see it that way:

- if you play 1, it's hindering the opposing minion just as Terror Frenzy of Wave of Lethargy would do
- if you play more than 1, you are probably stopping the opposing minion from playing combat cards, or at a quite heavy cost. But it's in the end quite similar to Immortal Grappling him (for strike)s, or setting the range before range (for maneuvers), plus it makes Carrion Crows etc. very expensive.

Since the card does nothing else by itself, it seems ok for me to be able to play more than 1.
This would enhance the blood attrition combat strategies of the Assamite.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds