file Card idea: Thick Blood

12 Apr 2012 13:39 - 12 Apr 2012 13:41 #27748 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

This would enhance the blood attrition combat strategies of the Assamite.

I agree this would be cool way to make Assamite combat work. I just don't agree that playing lot of combat cards should be punished. I would like to see opposite: punishing playing 0 combat cards or only 1 combat card. Now card just punishes already scarce other combat decks and QUI combat would still not be very effective against 0 combat cards (compared to ANI, POT or CEL).
Last edit: 12 Apr 2012 13:41 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2012 14:00 #27750 by Pendargon
As a dedicated Assamite fanboy and player, i can say i like this card as it is.

Good job, Ankha!

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
12 Apr 2012 14:28 #27753 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

I would like to see opposite: punishing playing 0 combat cards or only 1 combat card. Now card just punishes already scarce other combat decks and QUI combat would still not be very effective against 0 combat cards (compared to ANI, POT or CEL).

I love the idea. Maybe something like :

[QUI] put this card in play and move up to four blood or life counter from the opposing minion to this card. Each time the opposing minion play a card, return two counter from this card to him. Burn this card and the blood on it at the end of the combat.

Basically, it would punish severely combat end and allies decks, and not be too effective against real combat decks.

More
12 Apr 2012 15:09 - 12 Apr 2012 15:11 #27754 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

I love the idea. Maybe something like :

[QUI] put this card in play and move up to four blood or life counter from the opposing minion to this card. Each time the opposing minion play a card, return two counter from this card to him. Burn this card and the blood on it at the end of the combat.

Basically, it would punish severely combat end and allies decks, and not be too effective against real combat decks.

Good idea but that is too powerful (compare to Vitae Block). Burning Shambling Hordes instantly is lame. Unique style QUI combat cards I would like to see would be something like this:

I am super ninja!
[QUI] Only usable before range is chosen. Put this card on opposing minion with three counters. Remove counter from this card every time this minion plays a combat card. Burn this card when this minion untaps and this minion burns one blood or life from every counter on this card. Minion may have only one I am super ninja!
Last edit: 12 Apr 2012 15:11 by Surreal. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kude

More
13 Apr 2012 04:43 #27776 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Wave of Lethargy only affects maneuvers and presses at basic, and strikes at superior. As stated, this card also affects non-strikes, non-maneuvers and non-presses.

I have to ask, is that a desirable effect, as well as an intended effect?

To be honest, the original card as posted looks pretty good as is. Maybe you could make it cancel-able by burning blood?

"This card may be cancelled by the opposing vampire by paying 2 blood." at superior would be enough to discourage anything but the most dedicated combat decks from paying that cost.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
13 Apr 2012 06:14 #27787 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

This would enhance the blood attrition combat strategies of the Assamite.

I agree this would be cool way to make Assamite combat work. I just don't agree that playing lot of combat cards should be punished. I would like to see opposite: punishing playing 0 combat cards or only 1 combat card. Now card just punishes already scarce other combat decks and QUI combat would still not be very effective against 0 combat cards (compared to ANI, POT or CEL).

Well, Assamite were supposed to be great warriors.
With you suggestion:
- they would be stronger against non fighting decks. But they are already powerful against them...
- it won't change anything against fighting decks, so a Assamite combat deck will stay weak as before.

I can't really see the point in creating a card that changes nothing.

Wave of Lethargy only affects maneuvers and presses at basic, and strikes at superior. As stated, this card also affects non-strikes, non-maneuvers and non-presses.

I have to ask, is that a desirable effect, as well as an intended effect?

Yes, it was designed to also make Torn Signposts, Carrion Crows and so on more expensive (provided you're the acting vampire).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds