file Card idea: Thick Blood

13 Apr 2012 11:16 #27807 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
It would be better as action modifier (played as action is announced or not) or reaction. This way you would be forced to play actual rush cards (like contracts ?), this card, then combat package.

IF it would be rush, it would be very card effective therefore would require bigger cost as "chain" would be shorter.

Also for thematic reasons, quietus don't give you a clue where your opponent is (some high level quietus aside), you have to learn it from other sources (do paperwork, get some data from person who issued the contract, shadowing etc).

I don't want broken card, i want balanced one.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 11:26 #27809 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

This way you would be forced to play actual rush cards (like contracts ?), this card, then combat package.

But then, you would be able to use with other rush benefit, especially +1 stealth permarush like the black hand master.

I don't believe it to be too powerful once taking into account Deep Song (which have similarly an additional effect that is not combat-related : tapping the target), if there is an escape clause.

Also, I tend to believe that combat chain are too long already, meaning that vampires with perma rush are extremely useful. So, I am not too keen on extending it.

More
13 Apr 2012 12:15 #27815 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood
Well you can use Thoughts Betrayed as an example of what a strike card preventing card should be like. That already does about what you want.

More
13 Apr 2012 13:58 - 13 Apr 2012 14:02 #27821 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

- they would be stronger against non fighting decks. But they are already powerful against them...
- it won't change anything against fighting decks, so a Assamite combat deck will stay weak as before.

This might be metagame thing but I think QUI and Assamite are quite bad combat clan. My reasons are just different. Another discussion is what they are even supposed to be.

First priority I think when building a combat deck is how I surely I can torp or damage seriously a vampire playing 0 combat cards even with my bad combat hand otherwise it is often just wasting actions and cards. You want to make sure the combat works almost every time. ANI shines here with 6 dmg done with just two cards. ANI combat package is very card effective and you can just spam two cards (+ deep song is amazing). That is where ANI shines, against 0 combat card decks with villeins meta. Then I think how my combat package works against usual combat defense (mainly S:CE, prevent, long/short range, Carlton etc.). ANI works great against some and POT against some, you have to think what to focus on. If torporising is main prio then choose POT against combat ends. Last thing I think is how my combat works against other combat decks. That is quite minor thing for me because there are not so many combat decks in tournament meta. I feel Assamite already works great against other combat decks with dodges, presses + range sets. CEL is one of the best discplines for combat defense and offense in same package for combat decks (example Pursuit).

I feel Assamites are not so good when compared to POT or ANI (or CEL with useful defensive discplines like AUS). Best Assamite combat is just CEL combat with very few QUI cards and use QUI for ousting. When Assamites can have problems even being effective against 0 combat cards or basic combat defense, giving QUI card against combat decks doesn't make sense for me. That will not surely change anything. Also I don't see the point why playing a lot of combat cards should be even punished when it is very rarely even strong play.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 14:02 by Surreal.

More
13 Apr 2012 15:58 #27827 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card idea: Thick Blood

This way you would be forced to play actual rush cards (like contracts ?), this card, then combat package.

But then, you would be able to use with other rush benefit, especially +1 stealth permarush like the black hand master.

I don't believe it to be too powerful once taking into account Deep Song (which have similarly an additional effect that is not combat-related : tapping the target), if there is an escape clause.

Also, I tend to believe that combat chain are too long already, meaning that vampires with perma rush are extremely useful. So, I am not too keen on extending it.

Of course you would be able to, but as far as i am aware, it would require you to play those rushes in the first place and use 2 cards each time you want to enter combat instead of one (and potentially pay poll for clandestine contract, pay master phase action for contracts - even black hand ones, get no stealth etc - it's not so easy).

Deep Song is very good card, i don't think :qui: will ever get card on this powerlevel, better to expect something reasonable.

I am also not so keen at extending combat chain, but i see that in this case it's justified unless it would cost hefty amount of blood or have extreme restrictions.

Something like this one below would be fairy reasonable.

Silence
:modifier: :reaction:
:qui: This vampire get an optional maneuver during first round of combat.
:QUI: As above, and if this vampire wasn't blocked, the opposing minion cannot strike during initial strike resolution during first round of combat. This card cost an additional blood.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
13 Apr 2012 23:56 #27861 by glaswanderer
How about:

Thick Blood
Combat
Cost 1 blood
[qui] Maneuver or press.
[QUI] Only usable before range is determined. This vampire burns 1 blood to make the the opposing minion pay an additional blood or life to play combat cards this combat.

Prince of Puyallup

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds