file A Layout Change

04 Jul 2013 00:00 #50949 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: A Layout Change

with the +bleed, how would you handle +3 bleed? or -1 bleed?

Card text. The + Bleed icon would only indicate that the vampire bleeds for more than one.

As I said, if such icons were to be introduced then they would supplement the card text — not necessarily replace it.

I think that moving all the keywords to the front and bold them, that would work towards accomplishing both goals. it bugs me that there are two different spots to look for keywords.

Advanced Tariq is Sabbat, Black Hand, and Red list. Merged Tariq is only independent. to me, this illustrates why making all the keywords icons can lead to messy situations.

Actually, merged Tariq is Independent, Black Hand Red List.

But your point stands.

is this yet another thing i've continuously misread over the years? the way i've read it was that the whole 'bold line' overrides any previous bold line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2013 01:26 #50953 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: A Layout Change
I think all card text should be italicized. Also, we could put a giant steel grey banner along the bottom of each card to use up all that extra real estate.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, KevinM, DeathInABottle, self biased

More
04 Jul 2013 05:45 #50961 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: A Layout Change

is this yet another thing i've continuously misread over the years? the way i've read it was that the whole 'bold line' overrides any previous bold line.

The merged line indicate he is independant once merged. And still Black hand, because the advanced is black hand and black hand is not tied to being sabbat.

More
04 Jul 2013 08:27 #50964 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: A Layout Change
Vampires who change sect aren't problematic, just put default sect where sect icon is. Then put changed sect in the damn textbox. Easy ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
04 Jul 2013 11:24 - 04 Jul 2013 11:28 #50968 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: A Layout Change

Vampires who change sect aren't problematic, just put default sect where sect icon is. Then put changed sect in the damn textbox. Easy ?

Changed sect as text, or changed sect as icon?

Note also that some of this might require a rules change to merging. Currently "the text on the base card still applies, but the rest of the card is ignored". Some icons might be inherited (e.g. black hand), some might not (e.g. clan).

Also consider layout with regards merging. If you want to see card text of the base vampire at the moment, it's pretty easy to just lay the two cards with the text box sticking out. If you need to see the textbox, the icons above it and the Black Hand icon in the sort-of top left from the underlying vampire, you also start showing off the clan and disciplines (which might have changed).

e.g. consider a vampire whose base vampire was "Sabbat. Black Hand." Advanced is just "Sabbat". Merged is Black Hand again. (Would be currently, the card text would be inherited.) And you also want to see the +1 intercept blob above the text box. And their clan has changed from Gangrel Antitribu to Ahrimane.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 11:28 by jamesatzephyr.

More
04 Jul 2013 14:45 #50981 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: A Layout Change

Changed sect as text, or changed sect as icon?

Note also that some of this might require a rules change to merging. Currently "the text on the base card still applies, but the rest of the card is ignored". Some icons might be inherited (e.g. black hand), some might not (e.g. clan).

Also consider layout with regards merging. If you want to see card text of the base vampire at the moment, it's pretty easy to just lay the two cards with the text box sticking out. If you need to see the textbox, the icons above it and the Black Hand icon in the sort-of top left from the underlying vampire, you also start showing off the clan and disciplines (which might have changed).

e.g. consider a vampire whose base vampire was "Sabbat. Black Hand." Advanced is just "Sabbat". Merged is Black Hand again. (Would be currently, the card text would be inherited.) And you also want to see the +1 intercept blob above the text box. And their clan has changed from Gangrel Antitribu to Ahrimane.

I don't think black hand need their own icon, nor anarchs, so this problem don't exist in my version.

About merging, sect icon would be below current clan icon. Merge text would be in textbox (merge symbol, changed sect as icon - if any, otherwise no sect icon in text box, rest of merge text).

In this thread i didn't said anything about icons for bleed, str, intercept or any non-sect, non-damage icon.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds