file A Layout Change

05 Jul 2013 06:25 - 05 Jul 2013 06:27 #51013 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: A Layout Change

I wonder how you can be offended by italics.

Italics are deliberately harder to read than normal fonts. That's why they're used - you have to slow down for them. (If they were easier to read, every newspaper would be printed with them.) Presumably, self biased wants to make his posts more unpleasant for people to read than necessary.

See also: we dont make every letter individually coloured, even though it would be totally cute and OMG my posts are so awesome now.

Additionally, italics are used here to indicate quotes, not original text!
Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 06:27 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Amenophobis, KevinM, DeathInABottle, direwolf, Ohlmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 09:36 #51015 by DeathInABottle
Replied by DeathInABottle on topic Re: A Layout Change

Unnecessary layout changes add to the confusion of the game.
Having cards with text and others with icon doesn't help at all.
I got players confused by a G2/3 Tsimisce deck using old and new layout crypt.
They didn't play an Asanbonsam Ghoul until they had a G3 vampire with matching clan symbol in play.

And "Sabbat" eating "a lot of space" is a bit over the top. Honestly?

-alf

This is the main issue: a redesign adds a new format which leads to confusion. Unless the benefits outweigh that very substantial cost - oh, and incidentally, LOOK: a proper use of italics! - then it doesn't make sense to introduce format changes. I don't see any benefits to the proposed changes whatsoever.

More
05 Jul 2013 11:24 #51016 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: A Layout Change
Also, remember that we should keep open the possibility that we might have to print our own cards from the new sets if the POD doesn't go. I pray to the gods POD starts as soon as possible, but it might not.

Italics is harder to read, depending on the quality of the printer.

More
05 Jul 2013 12:44 - 05 Jul 2013 12:44 #51017 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: A Layout Change

Also, remember that we should keep open the possibility that we might have to print our own cards from the new sets if the POD doesn't go. I pray to the gods POD starts as soon as possible, but it might not.

Italics is harder to read, depending on the quality of the printer.

Print-yer-own is one of the reasons I'd much prefer to make the text box a little bigger in the situations where it's needed, rather than trying to shave microns off the space used by replacing the word "Sabbat" with a spiky haribo. The shiny colour printer at work is awesome, but my inkjet at home is... not.

This can be particularly acute with crypt cards where, often, I don't want to pick them up to read them, because it's got 9 blood counters sat on it, and jostling things is annoying.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 12:44 by jamesatzephyr.

More
05 Jul 2013 17:52 #51023 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: A Layout Change

See also: we dont make every letter individually coloured, even though it would be totally cute and OMG my posts are so awesome now.

And you spent ten minutes of your precious life to do this. How cute.
May I suggest you go outside and enjoy life instead ? Being happy is good for your health, said a very intelligent & educated guy.

"J'ai décidé d'être heureux, parce que c'est bon pour la santé" - Voltaire

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
05 Jul 2013 18:06 #51025 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: A Layout Change

And you spent ten minutes of your precious life to do this. How cute.
May I suggest you go outside and enjoy life instead ? Being happy is good for your health, said a very intelligent & educated guy.

I don't know, I do find fulfillment and happiness in explaining my opinion. Apparently, as do you, considering the very fact you explained why you were not bothered by Self biased :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds