file A Layout Change

05 Jul 2013 18:09 #51026 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: A Layout Change
there is nothing i despise more on the internet than cyber bullying. that's about the only explanation i would provide.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2013 06:44 #51039 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: A Layout Change

there is nothing i despise more on the internet than cyber bullying. that's about the only explanation i would provide.

But you DO respect the fact that someone uses as their standard font the font which is typically used here to quote card text, thereby causing problems?

Personally, I could care less about his large silver symbol, which causes problems reading his posts, because he obviously doesn't wish me to read his posts. But to subvert the standards typically used on this forum is a bit rude, and it's COMPLETELY stubborn of him not to stop using italics as his main font.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
06 Jul 2013 08:34 #51041 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: A Layout Change

But you DO respect the fact that someone uses as their standard font the font which is typically used here to quote card text, thereby causing problems?

Causing problems ?
Do you want me to give an overly sarcastic answer ?
Sincerely ask yourself what kind of problem is caused by a standard, easy to read font, that is simply put in italic. Is it the end of the world ? Does it deserve hateful messages ?

But to subvert the standards typically used on this forum is a bit rude, and it's COMPLETELY stubborn of him not to stop using italics as his main font.

Stubborn you say ? Maybe it's because this nonsens is so trivial, there would be no point in trying to conform for the sake of conforming. Not everyone reasons like you or me...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
06 Jul 2013 09:25 #51044 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: A Layout Change

Causing problems ?
Sincerely ask yourself what kind of problem is caused by a standard, easy to read font, that is simply put in italic. Is it the end of the world ? Does it deserve hateful messages ?

I am with you man. When someone say something cause him trouble, we should alway assume he is a lying bastard exagerating for his own profit. I would even say we should require several scientific studies to see whether or not this is troublesome ; on the other hand, if anybody on earth ain't bothered, he is representative for the entire world.

I can't find the good word to describe this king of attitude. I vaguely recall it have something to do with cattle. Bull something, maybe.

More
06 Jul 2013 14:10 #51046 by ReverendRevolver

Causing problems ?

I am with you man. When someone say something cause him trouble, we should alway assume he is a lying bastard exagerating for his own profit. I would even say we should require several scientific studies to see whether or not this is troublesome ; on the other hand, if anybody on earth ain't bothered, he is representative for the entire world.

I can't find the good word to describe this king of attitude. I vaguely recall it have something to do with cattle. Bull something, maybe.

Reyda and Ohlmann are once again at odds. All is right with the internet....

More
06 Jul 2013 14:39 #51047 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: A Layout Change

Maybe it's because this nonsens is so trivial, there would be no point in trying to conform for the sake of conforming. Not everyone reasons like you or me...

I think you're over reacting. Nobody is bullying anybody. Self biased chooses to express his individuality in a way that causes inconvenience to readers, intentionally or not. Maybe that could have been pointed out more gently. Then again, maybe that would have come across as condescending. It's a balancing act, as I'm sure you agree.

Anyway, writing in italics is not the end of the world. Nobody suggested that it is. It's still annoying as hell and a terrible way to fight conformity. Sort of like having bad personal hygiene or swearing at nuns.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds