exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

31 Oct 2013 07:43 - 31 Oct 2013 07:48 #56011 by KevinM

Can you be more specific?

No.
Feel free to play with these cards and discount anything that I have said.

That's funny because when someone made a vague criticism of Danse Macabre on Facebook you were the first person to insist they should give specific examples.

That's because they were talking about official tournament-playable cards, and I'm concerned somewhat. We're talking about fan cards here, so who cares?

I want to know what is better than Una card is so I can make a deck and win every game in my playgroup.

No thank you. I wouldn't want your playgroup to blame me for your sudden rise to greatness.

Besides, why would you want to brag about winning every game in your playgroup with unofficial fan cards? It'd be like bragging about having the smoothest skin in a leper colony.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 31 Oct 2013 07:48 by KevinM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2013 08:07 #56014 by Lambach

Can you be more specific?

No.
Feel free to play with these cards and discount anything that I have said.

That's funny because when someone made a vague criticism of Danse Macabre on Facebook you were the first person to insist they should give specific examples.

That's because they were talking about official tournament-playable cards, and I'm concerned somewhat. We're talking about fan cards here, so who cares?

Or maybe it's because you're completely full of crap.

More
31 Oct 2013 10:54 - 31 Oct 2013 10:55 #56019 by Pendargon
No, actually, despite his rather brusque way of saying things, Kevin is completely right.

This set is probably one of the worst designed fan sets i have ever seen.
Seat switchers i will not even try to elaborate how utterly horrid, stupid and broken idea it is.
We been that path before, it got banned. For a reason.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 31 Oct 2013 10:55 by Pendargon.

More
31 Oct 2013 11:08 #56020 by Lambach

No, actually, despite his rather brusque way of saying things, Kevin is completely right.

This set is probably one of the worst designed fan sets i have ever seen.
Seat switchers i will not even try to elaborate how utterly horrid, stupid and broken idea it is.
We been that path before, it got banned. For a reason.

Why do you feel this way? We've been playing with these cards for a while now. It hasn't ever seemed game breaking but has added seemingly interesting new options to the game. What about it do you think is so wrong?

More
31 Oct 2013 11:35 #56021 by jozxyqk

Even if you do happen to snipe your VP, you gain no pool.
I saw this played twice in playtesting. It was not particularly effective either time.

Did you see it playtested with a deck that went aggressively upstream and then finished off the "former predator" after playing this card to gain a VP?

Debilitating and then ousting your predator probably saves you at least 6 pool, so that drawback of the card seems to balance out.

Serious question.
I have no specific ire against PCK. I'm just evaluating the cards as I see them.

However, the main reason that these threads are getting more attention than typical fan-set threads is that PCK made such a big deal about their designs. So they have put themselves in a position where they invite extra scrutiny to "see what the big deal was all about."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
31 Oct 2013 11:59 #56022 by Lambach

Even if you do happen to snipe your VP, you gain no pool.
I saw this played twice in playtesting. It was not particularly effective either time.

Did you see it playtested with a deck that went aggressively upstream and then finished off the "former predator" after playing this card to gain a VP?

Debilitating and then ousting your predator probably saves you at least 6 pool, so that drawback of the card seems to balance out.

Serious question.
I have no specific ire against PCK. I'm just evaluating the cards as I see them.

However, the main reason that these threads are getting more attention than typical fan-set threads is that PCK made such a big deal about their designs. So they have put themselves in a position where they invite extra scrutiny to "see what the big deal was all about."

Using this card as part of a going upstream strategy would be utter folly as it's only playable once/game. In fact I don't think a going upstream strategy could work for getting game wins even with this card (maybe I am wrong). It's not the kind of card you can build a deck around in any way. It's a silver bullet.

You are correct that the reason this may get paid attention to more than one would expect is because of the VEKN PCK fallout. Just because PCK designed different cards than VEKN doesn't mean their ideas are awful or that the playgroups who may want to use their cards are idiots who know nothing about v:tes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds