exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

30 Oct 2013 21:23 #55988 by Juggernaut1981
RE: Seat Switchers

To make this work, I can rely on the general presence of high-bleeding decks on the table.

I appear to play a normal enough game (a few bleeds, a few points of pool damage, etc). I drop some points on my predator and wait for my GPred to do a lot of the damage. When I think my Predator can be lunged I swap back and become their Predator. Oust my former Predator. Then seat switch with my former prey and make them my predator. Now my GPred has a new prey who is hurt but healthy, I have 1VP + 6pool and a shield. If my GPred begins looking weak, then I switch up the chain until I am their Predator, kill them and then switch to the best seat for me.

The Seat Switcher cards allow you to basically choose to sit in the best seat for yourself at any given point in the game to maximise your VPs and have the least aggressive predator.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2013 21:39 #55991 by Lambach

RE: Seat Switchers

To make this work, I can rely on the general presence of high-bleeding decks on the table.

I appear to play a normal enough game (a few bleeds, a few points of pool damage, etc). I drop some points on my predator and wait for my GPred to do a lot of the damage. When I think my Predator can be lunged I swap back and become their Predator. Oust my former Predator. Then seat switch with my former prey and make them my predator. Now my GPred has a new prey who is hurt but healthy, I have 1VP + 6pool and a shield. If my GPred begins looking weak, then I switch up the chain until I am their Predator, kill them and then switch to the best seat for me.

The Seat Switcher cards allow you to basically choose to sit in the best seat for yourself at any given point in the game to maximise your VPs and have the least aggressive predator.

The scenario you describe is impossible with the card in the set. With Calling on Orisha you get no pool from your next oust, so no buffer against your grandpred. Also it can only be played once a game per Meth so no continuous seat switching and if it gets delayes tough luck. It's a severly limited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
30 Oct 2013 23:27 #55998 by Juggernaut1981
So we're going to let someone have a VP for limited effort and potentially limited pressure... it's still the same. Seat Switchers were banned for logistics and basically taking someone else's efforts to oust another player.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
30 Oct 2013 23:29 #55999 by KevinM

Can you be more specific?

No.

Feel free to play with these cards and discount anything that I have said.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
31 Oct 2013 06:10 #56007 by Lambach

So we're going to let someone have a VP for limited effort and potentially limited pressure... it's still the same. Seat Switchers were banned for logistics and basically taking someone else's efforts to oust another player.

Trying to "Snipe a VP" with this card would be a prayer given its once/game nature. Chances are you don't have too many in your library so having it at just the right moment is pretty unlikely. Then if you do have it at just the right moment, you still have to call it not get delayed and pass it. It's nowhere near the power level of the old seat changers.

Even if you do happen to snipe your VP, you gain no pool. I think I'd almost always rather have another KRC and hurt my prey than have this card. When I oust him I get pool which might mean the difference between more VP's and being ousted myself.

I saw this played twice in playtesting. It was not particularly effective either time.

More
31 Oct 2013 06:37 #56008 by Lambach

Can you be more specific?

No.

Feel free to play with these cards and discount anything that I have said.

That's funny because when someone made a vague criticism of Danse Macabre on Facebook you were the first person to insist they should give specific examples. I want to know what this better than Una card is so I can make a deck and win every game in my playgroup.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds