exclamation-circle Champions of Cagn Unbound!

30 Oct 2013 06:26 - 30 Oct 2013 06:26 #55927 by the1andonlime

Feral Imbuing = We go berserk and kill all our raven spies and you lose pool. ?!?!?!?!?!

Actually, this isn't too bad.
It's a Command of the Beast with stealth.

Overall I have to say that this set it is a curious mix of:
- some good ideas
- some cards I might actually want to use
- some blatant re-hash of old cards, and
- some not so good ideas

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 06:26 by the1andonlime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2013 07:35 #55930 by jamesatzephyr

I build some sort of vote deck, with no Laibon in the crypt except Meno Ngari.
Meno comes out and calls KRC, playing Akunanse Kholo, and putting 3 pool damage on my predator. I continue to beat on my predator with votes.
Later, Meno calls the seat-switcher to switch places with my predator. Voila, sniped VP!

Actually, how is this VP sniping? As described, you did all or most of the work to reduce that player's pool. Now you are reaping the reward of your own effort, not that of another player.

Nothing in Josh's play description (which mirrors things that often happened under Dramatic Upheaval) suggests that the real predator is doing little or nothing.

If you want to predicate a defence of a seat-switcher based on one player on the table having been replaced with a sack of potatoes with the words "I pass" stapled to it, your argument may be regarded by others as somewhat flimsy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HG.fi

More
30 Oct 2013 13:54 #55949 by mongrel222

I mostly dislike seat switchers because of the practical aspect of actually moving seats.

Once upon a time, a Mr. Matt Hirsch called a seat-switcher vote targeting me just so he could sit in the comfy chair near the air conditioner at Your Move Games. True story.

I'm pretty sure is covered under "playing to win."

-Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, extrala, HG.fi, jozxyqk

More
30 Oct 2013 15:07 #55959 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Champions of Cagn Unbound!

Feral Imbuing = We go berserk and kill all our raven spies and you lose pool. ?!?!?!?!?!

Actually, this isn't too bad.
It's a Command of the Beast with stealth.

Overall I have to say that this set it is a curious mix of:
- some good ideas
- some cards I might actually want to use
- some blatant re-hash of old cards, and
- some not so good ideas

So, in other words, a typical CCG set?

While there are countless examples of CCG sets that don't deliver perfection, might want to compare against a set like Final Nights to put some context around rating this set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
30 Oct 2013 15:35 - 30 Oct 2013 15:35 #55963 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Champions of Cagn Unbound!
Tbf, after looking over full set, i have mixed feelings. I just think that releasing smaller sets with better playtested cards is the way to go - even for pck team. On the other hand, there are some awesome cards here.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 15:35 by Lech.

More
30 Oct 2013 15:36 - 30 Oct 2013 15:37 #55964 by AaronC

I build some sort of vote deck, with no Laibon in the crypt except Meno Ngari.
Meno comes out and calls KRC, playing Akunanse Kholo, and putting 3 pool damage on my predator. I continue to beat on my predator with votes.
Later, Meno calls the seat-switcher to switch places with my predator. Voila, sniped VP!

Actually, how is this VP sniping? As described, you did all or most of the work to reduce that player's pool. Now you are reaping the reward of your own effort, not that of another player.

Nothing in Josh's play description (which mirrors things that often happened under Dramatic Upheaval) suggests that the real predator is doing little or nothing.

If you want to predicate a defence of a seat-switcher based on one player on the table having been replaced with a sack of potatoes with the words "I pass" stapled to it, your argument may be regarded by others as somewhat flimsy.

I was referring to your specific example in which "[you] continue to beat on [your] predator with votes."

What I am saying is that there is quite a bit of moral outrage (with healthy doses of sanctimonious condescension, see "motivational" poster above) over seat switching. The use of the negative term "VP sniping" is used. Calm discussion would be better. What I am saying is that if you do all the work to oust someone and then get that VP, there should not be any moral outrage or anger. You may have valid reasons to not like it, but "PCK are jerks and everything they do is by definition horrible" is not a good reason.

Are there valid concerns about seat switching? Sure. I was once seat-switched in a Jyahd-only draft at the 2009 NAC, and I was not happy when I lost a prey I liked and inherited a stealth-bleed predator who killed me. That game was the essence of non-fun. But as far as I remember, there was no "VP sniping" per se in that game. It was more like, "Here, you can have this predator." and "Thanks, I'll take that easy prey."

I say keep an open mind about the concept. Personally, I think there should be at least a one-turn warning about an upcoming seat-switch and some way for the affected player to cancel it.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 15:37 by AaronC.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds