file [Submission] On the Run (cel/obf bleed defense)

18 Jan 2014 00:32 #58668 by miketheknife
Basic is just perfect.

If the advanced were just like a telepathic counter (Reduce a bleed against you by 2), i would put 4 to 6 in every Gangrel! or Assamite deck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2014 14:51 #58674 by brandonsantacruz

extrala wrote: I disagree. I am being bled for more than 2 pool a lot time in casual games and in tournaments even more so. And the designated target are the City Gangrel, who are in desperate need of such of tool.


Archon Investigation. Dummy Corporation. Truth in Ink. Confusion of the Eye. Steadfastness. Then there are intercept or more proactive strategies.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2014 16:39 #58677 by ReverendRevolver
Im not convinced thematically this card fits. Obf and Qui maybe, and thats because its hard to get at who assamites work for. But being hidden and fast making someone unable to bleed you for more than 2? Not feeling it. I mean, it addresses a problem assamites and city gangrel have, but id sooner see a bleed reduction reaction and a +2 stealth on an undirected action if a younger vamp is blocking at superior.

The super reducing at superior is just kinda crazy, and only falls when combat decks that bleed are yoir predator. Maybe Mattata gets a tier of souls and bleeds with deep song, or even plays Abo bleed pump, but otherwise, the drawback wont be worth playing it if yoi can be torped. Im not having Luke Fellows block Cock Robin. Heck, hes only gonna bleed for 2-3 normally, although cog+deepsong+tierofsouls with old friends migjt happen, its unlikely. You wouldnt play it agaimst most decks that rush because they will bleed for 2, then rush the guy, make you lose pool along with likely tension, them bleed more. Im thinking of germain or typical BnB builds, like pre pot, dom pot, or even what i use, dem pot.

Doesnt feel like a rrlevant drawback.

But the inf seems ok, even if i feel its off thematically.

For Nec needs bleed reduction more than obf cel, because nec can do it thematically, for has it already in vtes(just sucks) and samedi and harbingers(to a lesser degree) could use it/cooler stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2014 17:37 #58692 by Ankha

ReverendRevolver wrote: Im not convinced thematically this card fits. Obf and Qui maybe, and thats because its hard to get at who assamites work for. But being hidden and fast making someone unable to bleed you for more than 2? Not feeling it. I mean, it addresses a problem assamites and city gangrel have, but id sooner see a bleed reduction reaction and a +2 stealth on an undirected action if a younger vamp is blocking at superior.

Thematically, if some obf/cel vampires carry important stuff you don't want to lose, they can save it from baddies by running fast and hidding. The 2 pool left is the thing you can't just take away and have to leave behind.

ReverendRevolver wrote: The super reducing at superior is just kinda crazy, and only falls when combat decks that bleed are yoir predator. Maybe Mattata gets a tier of souls and bleeds with deep song, or even plays Abo bleed pump, but otherwise, the drawback wont be worth playing it if yoi can be torped.

Most combat decks do have a bleed part in them, they don't all oust with Dragonbound or bleeds for 1.

ReverendRevolver wrote: Im not having Luke Fellows block Cock Robin. Heck, hes only gonna bleed for 2-3 normally, although cog+deepsong+tierofsouls with old friends migjt happen, its unlikely. You wouldnt play it agaimst most decks that rush because they will bleed for 2, then rush the guy, make you lose pool along with likely tension, them bleed more. Im thinking of germain or typical BnB builds, like pre pot, dom pot, or even what i use, dem pot.

Sure, but then the card is a dead card, which is a drawback big enough.

ReverendRevolver wrote: For Nec needs bleed reduction more than obf cel, because nec can do it thematically, for has it already in vtes(just sucks) and samedi and harbingers(to a lesser degree) could use it/cooler stuff.

They sure could you some defensive cards, but that doesn't mean City Gangrel or Assamite should have some too.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2014 20:35 #58695 by kombainas

Thematically, if some obf/cel vampires carry important stuff you don't want to lose, they can save it from baddies by running fast and hidding. The 2 pool left is the thing you can't just take away and have to leave behind.


Given the very same reasoning, a card carrying your last 2 pool would be justified. :D

Yes, the problem the card is solving is real, but the way it is solved is not consistent with the disciplines used. I'd rather see the *card* made consistent, not the interpretation of it.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2014 15:18 #58710 by Ankha

kombainas wrote:

Thematically, if some obf/cel vampires carry important stuff you don't want to lose, they can save it from baddies by running fast and hidding. The 2 pool left is the thing you can't just take away and have to leave behind.


Given the very same reasoning, a card carrying your last 2 pool would be justified. :D

Yes, the problem the card is solving is real, but the way it is solved is not consistent with the disciplines used. I'd rather see the *card* made consistent, not the interpretation of it.

There's already a bleed reducer in Obfuscate (Confusion of the Eye) and Celerity (Aversion). It is consistent ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum