file Submission: Samiel

22 Aug 2017 19:17 #83183 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Submission: Samiel
Ok, on the other hand why he have :DOM: ? Why he can't have :POT: or :CEL: instead ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2017 20:38 #83185 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Samiel
First, let me say I have no doubt that he had Celerity 7+, Potence 7+, Fortitude 7+, and there is evidence to suggest he had True Faith on top of that. All of which he used to utterly crush the Baali.

Second, he was more than a warrior. His was an instructor and his intimidation was Legendary. He organized the entire warrior caste of the Salubri. It was his disappearance that caused them to fall apart. He motivated them and the manner that they fell apart suggests that he frequently used Dominate to get results when physical options weren't a solution. It is highly likely that he had Auspex 7+, Dominate 7+ (Mass Manipulation), Necromancy 5+ (he spoke to spirits and commanded them) and Obeah 7+. The point is that he wasn't just a one dimensional warrior.

Third, thematics aside... I would advise against spending too many points on combat related disciplines. Instead focus what is necessary. :POT: is fine, except it does nothing that can't already be done with :VAL: , :AUS:, or :DOM: He already has +1 strength. I did consider :CEL: however what I found is with Celerity he becomes too good at combat and doesn't do enough outside of combat. Remember when we design cards, we are designing both their strength and weakness. :CEL: would cover all of his combat weaknesses. On the other hand, :DOM: gives him access to Scouting Mission/Govern the Unaligned at Superior which directly addresses the main weakiness of Salubri antitribu, it adds Graverobbing which means there is point to his combat rush other than just removing threats on the board, and :DOM: means that building a Ventrue antitribu / Salubri antitribu deck is viable and greatly increases the number of deck options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, ScoundrelAtHeart

More
23 Aug 2017 16:49 #83194 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic Submission: Samiel
Your argumentation sounds right. I imho doubt he had potence and celerity over 5. He rather used what he learned from the brujah to develop valeren. Also regarding the spirit talking stuff it would have more likely been the discipline the capadocian used for death manipulation. Nur over all you sound right.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
23 Aug 2017 20:27 #83195 by jblacey

Also regarding the spirit talking stuff it would have more likely been the discipline the capadocian used for death manipulation. Nur over all you sound right.

Mortis seems likely because the Salubri and the Cappadocians were very close. Another possibility is that it was a combination of Auspex (for Telepathy) + Dominate.

More
24 Aug 2017 18:29 #83200 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic Submission: Samiel
As far aß I know dominate doesn't work on wraiths and spirits (in the lore).

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
24 Aug 2017 18:48 #83201 by jblacey

As far aß I know dominate doesn't work on wraiths and spirits (in the lore).

I thought that was the case, however apparently not. The restricting element seems to be eye contact and language (both of which can be overcome with telepathy)

Someone did write house rules on this subject but I couldn't find anything official.

Dominate: As the minds of spirits are very weird, it is hard to control them and the first four levels of dominate suffer a -4 dice penalty. The final level, Possession, just doesn't work on spirits and could even open up vampires for possession.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds