file Card idea: Endure through Spirits

05 Sep 2011 12:11 - 05 Sep 2011 12:12 #9607 by Ankha
Name: Endure through Spirits
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Fortitude/Necromancy
[for][nec] This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount he or she has lost to damage during this round of combat. The opposing vampire can't gain blood from a Taste of Vitae. A vampire may play only one Endure through Spirits each round.
[FOR][NEC] As above, and prevent 1 damage.

A new option for our Giovanni FOR/NEC friends.

It gives access to full "prevent" to vampires with both inferior level, though it won't prevent you from going to torpor if you take too much damage.
The timing is a bit tricky because it can be played anytime (except at superior), either after an Outside the Hourglass, a (first) strike or at the end of the round.

Is it crappy?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 05 Sep 2011 12:12 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2011 12:20 #9608 by Pendargon
I would definitely add - not usable by a vampire going to torpor, and change opposing vampire can't gain blood from taste of vitae to no vampire may gain blood from taste of vitae.

That way, it prevents you from double - tasting (you keep yours and taste opposing vampire's blood).

But, apart form that, i like it :-D

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
05 Sep 2011 12:46 #9609 by Ankha

I would definitely add - not usable by a vampire going to torpor

Sure.

and change opposing vampire can't gain blood from taste of vitae to no vampire may gain blood from taste of vitae.

That way, it prevents you from double - tasting (you keep yours and taste opposing vampire's blood).

It's supposed to be an alternate weaker form of prevent (because it won't work against too much damage or aggravated), I don't see why you couldn't taste, just like you can Soak and taste the blood from the opposing minion.

Prince of Paris, France

More
06 Sep 2011 03:05 #9624 by Sydnelson

I would definitely add - not usable by a vampire going to torpor, and change opposing vampire can't gain blood from taste of vitae to no vampire may gain blood from taste of vitae.

Change text to: both minions can't gain blood by playing cards or effects this round. (effects like Ossian hability or any other for example)

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
06 Sep 2011 03:31 #9626 by Kraus

Change text to: both minions can't gain blood by playing cards or effects this round. (effects like Ossian hability or any other for example)

And here, obviously: "Neither vampire can gain blood --" And, if you really want to nullify Ossydog, "Neither minion --" should be in order.

About the card itself - I dunno. Pretty weird a card. I'll let others do the talking. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
06 Sep 2011 04:39 #9630 by Ankha

I may repeat my self, but there's no "double-tasting" problem.
You regain the blood you lost (and the opposing minion can "taste" it).
You may play Taste of Vitae to gain the opposing vampire's blood (just as if you had prevented, then tasted).

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds