file Card idea: Endure through Spirits

08 Sep 2011 10:49 #9756 by Juggernaut1981
Ankha, you didn't even read mine.

Enticement is not a 'bleed card', just in the same way that KRC is not a bleed card.

The card you want to create does this:
- Leaves the vampire on the same blood they had before the combat began
- "Prevents" 1 damage (potentially stopping agg-poke)

It seems to be some attempt to create Rolling with the Punches :FOR::NEC: instead of just :FOR: . I can't really see a reason to print this card instead of reprinting Rolling with the Punches; they are functionally identical and Rolling has an acceptable cost for its benefit.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2011 11:47 - 08 Sep 2011 11:48 #9757 by Ankha

Ankha, you didn't even read mine.

Enticement is not a 'bleed card', just in the same way that KRC is not a bleed card.

Indeed. There are slightly different just as EtS is slightly different from plain prevention (see below).

The card you want to create does this:
- Leaves the vampire on the same blood they had before the combat began
- "Prevents" 1 damage (potentially stopping agg-poke)

It seems to be some attempt to create Rolling with the Punches :FOR::NEC: instead of just :FOR: . I can't really see a reason to print this card instead of reprinting Rolling with the Punches;

If you see the reason to print Enticement instead of another bleed card, you should see the reason to print EtS instead of Rolling w/ the Punches.

Enticement, for instance, allows a vampire to bleed, untap, and make another pool damage different from bleeding. Plus the pool damage for enticement can't be deflected. BUT you can't bleed anymore afterwards.

The same way, EtS offers a kind of prevention, that allows things that aren't possible with Rolling with the Punches:
- it "prevents" unpreventable damage
- it works with Masochism, Ecstatic Agony and the like
BUT
- it won't prevent you from going to torpor if you take too much damage
- it doesn't work against 1 agg (at inferior) or 2 agg (at superior)

So it's not "just like" Rolling with the Punches.

they are functionally identical and Rolling has an acceptable cost for its benefit.

Not "functionally identical" for the reasons above.
Maybe it's the cost that troubles you? I increased it to 1 blood to match RwtP, SoSteel, SupMettle etc.

Maybe at superior it should only prevent 1 non-aggravated damage.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 08 Sep 2011 11:48 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds