file Card idea: Endure through Spirits

07 Sep 2011 06:45 #9692 by Ankha

Here is where the card is broken, just are simple examples of how this card allows large-caps to completely crap all over Cel-based combat.

you mean "vampires with a lot of blood", not large cap.

Introducing this card
A vampire with :CEL: and a .44 Magnum rushes a full 10-cap. The :CEL: vampire moves to long and shoots for 2 with the gun. The 10-cap takes the damage. The :CEL: vampire then spends 1 blood to gain 2 additional strikes, for 2 each, making the total damage dealt equal 6. The 10-cap takes the damage. At the end of the round, the 10-cap plays one card which returns them to their previous amount of blood. So for 1 card, the 10-cap has effectively cancelled/prevented three strikes for no blood cost.

Yeah. This is the best case scenario.
But if the vampire has 5 blood or less, like 90% of the time during a game, it ends in torpor empty and this card is useless.

This card even gets around unpreventable damage (Weather Control), environmental damage (Crows, Ghouls with Guns, Drawing out the Beast) and renders them nearly invulnerable to anything BUT big-hit aggravated damage.

As long as you keep enough blood, and that no damage is aggravated. Note that Apparition does the same thing, Soak prevents all you said except unpreventable.

It gets even better if you're planning to use it in a Giovanni Rush Deck since you never need to worry about playing taste, since this card effectively ensures you never lose blood you don't spend.

Like prevention.

Trap + WWS and this card result in you never having to worry about going to torpor

??? Please explain, I don't see how it will help you not going to torpor if you start with low blood, even if you play one each round, and once again Apparition or Horrid Form seems better.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2011 08:10 - 07 Sep 2011 08:31 #9694 by Lech

But if the vampire has 5 blood or less, like 90% of the time during a game, it ends in torpor empty and this card is useless.

4 blood tbc, magnumx3 deals 6 damage, this card prevents 1.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 08:31 by Lech.

More
07 Sep 2011 09:55 #9698 by Ankha

4 blood tbc, magnumx3 deals 6 damage, this card prevents 1.

At superior, correct.

Prince of Paris, France

More
07 Sep 2011 10:33 - 07 Sep 2011 10:40 #9699 by Juggernaut1981
Which is entirely my point. This card is strictly better than Rolling with the Punches.

My point with the Trap + WWS and this card is simple: If you're playing rush combat, you're no doubt likely to be rushing vampires while you have a large amount of blood (rushing into combat with low blood is suicidal).

The level of durability for a full large-cap is far greater than regular prevent, since this card specifically reverses the effects of unpreventable damage. That is where it is broken. It is also free, which even when compared with Rolling with the Punches is significantly better.

Apparition and Horrid Form both cost, and provide AT MOST 2 prevent (each). This card can potentially provide 11 effective prevent every single round for no blood cost and a single card per round.

So yes, again Ankha, I would have to say that your card concept is too powerful.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 10:40 by Juggernaut1981.

More
07 Sep 2011 11:22 #9701 by Ankha

Which is entirely my point. This card is strictly better than Rolling with the Punches.

Wrong. Rolling can save you from going to topror. This card doesn't.

My point with the Trap + WWS and this card is simple: If you're playing rush combat, you're no doubt likely to be rushing vampires while you have a large amount of blood (rushing into combat with low blood is suicidal).

What an empty argument. It is wrong, especially if you play prevent, dodge, or the opposing minion isn't a fighter. Otherwise, fight decks wouldn't rush very often. Vampires doesn't stay at max blood, especially vampires that tend to enter combat often.
And you didn't explain why you wouldn't go to torpor during the following rounds. And what a WWS has to do with this?

The level of durability for a full large-cap is far greater than regular prevent, since this card specifically reverses the effects of unpreventable damage. That is where it is broken.

I wouldn't say broken. I'd say "interesting"; givent its drawbacks.

It is also free, which even when compared with Rolling with the Punches is significantly better.

I wouldn't say "significantly better". It can be better is some cases, and worse in others. It requires an additional discipline compared with RwtP. Maybe it should cost 1 blood though to keep it in line with "prevent all" effects.

Apparition and Horrid Form both cost, and provide AT MOST 2 prevent (each). This card can potentially provide 11 effective prevent every single round for no blood cost and a single card per round.

"Every single round" if you play it every single round. Apparition and Horrid Form lasts for the combat, and can be easily free.
And the fact that it is "11" is irrelevant. Rolling with the Punches can prevent 11 damage and Taste of Vitae can make you gain 11 blood each round. Wow! 11!

So yes, again Ankha, I would have to say that your card concept is too powerful.

I'm not convinced at all.

Prince of Paris, France

More
07 Sep 2011 16:04 #9712 by Lech

Name: Endure through Spirits
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Fortitude/Necromancy
[for][nec] This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount he or she has lost to damage during this round of combat. The opposing vampire can't gain blood from a Taste of Vitae. A vampire may play only one Endure through Spirits each round.
[FOR][NEC] As above, and prevent 1 damage.

Jugger, this card last just one round.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds