file Card idea: Endure through Spirits

06 Sep 2011 06:46 #9637 by Juggernaut1981
The problem I think people have with it, is that it is basically replacing two cards.

It functions basically as either a Taste or a Prevent all the time. So where most decks would either have a prevents or tastes, this acts as either card.

Plus it seems to be designed exclusively for Harbringers of Skulls (and maybe for the Tough Giovanni) and realistically don't they already have enough effective prevent and blood management?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 07:31 #9642 by Ankha

The problem I think people have with it, is that it is basically replacing two cards.

It functions basically as either a Taste or a Prevent all the time. So where most decks would either have a prevents or tastes, this acts as either card.

Absolutely not. Re-read the card. You regain the blood you lost, not the blood the opposing minion lost.

Eg.
A (3 blood) enter combat with B (3 blood). A strikes for 3, B strikes for 1. A loses 1 blood (2). B loses 3 blood (0 blood). B plays ETS at inferior, regaining his 3 blood lost. A can't taste.
At that point B could taste A's 1 blood lost.

Compared with

A (3 blood) enter combat with B (3 blood). A strikes for 3, B strikes for 1. A loses 1 blood (2). B plays Soak and loses 0 blood (3 blood). A could taste for 0.
At that point B could taste A's 1 blood lost.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Sep 2011 12:25 #9652 by Louhi
The idea itself is interesting, letting you prevent unless you would go to torpor. The fact that the damage would be successfully inflicted opens up new options compared to regular prevent (apart for the whole taste discussion). For example cards like basilisks touch, cobra fangs, disarm and aggravated damage would have a greater effect but on the other side cards like masochism, ecstatic agony, lessons in the steel(very harbinger friendly) and to a lesser degree blood of acid and sympathetic agony could allow abuse of the card. Some tweaking could be in order (not counting the damage as successful possibly).

Personally I don't see the need for barring tastes in any direction, especially for the 'preventing' minion.

Lidingö Scourge

More
06 Sep 2011 14:00 #9655 by Ankha

but on the other side cards like masochism, ecstatic agony, lessons in the steel(very harbinger friendly) and to a lesser degree blood of acid and sympathetic agony could allow abuse of the card. Some tweaking could be in order (not counting the damage as successful possibly).

I didn't thought about this kind of cards but I think that being able to "abuse" Masochism is not a bad thing :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Sep 2011 14:49 #9662 by Louhi
Since it requires some setup for those cards maybe I should say synergy instead. Perhaps no restriction is needed.
What I find interesting about it is that it would work better for larger cap vampires since they have more blood to take from but a higher cap vampire is more important, would you want to gamble using this rather than reliable prevent?
Also some cards and effects that are unpreventable, like psychic assault and superior drawing out the beast, would be 'prevented' from this card, adding a new strength to it.
A last thought is were this card would shine. My first thought was a samedi (second to harbingers in number of for/nec) since thanatosis tends to be rather blood intense, throw in a few masochisms and make the prevents into this and you have more or more persistent reanimated corpses (or some other cards would be playable, actually transfusion would work nice under those conditions).

Lidingö Scourge

More
06 Sep 2011 20:01 - 06 Sep 2011 20:06 #9669 by Juggernaut1981
Here is where the card is broken, just are simple examples of how this card allows large-caps to completely crap all over Cel-based combat.

The current situation
A vampire with :CEL: rushes a 10-cap. The :CEL: vampire declares a strike (let's say .44 Magnum @ Long) for 2 damage. The 10-cap needs to prevent this strike. They can either, play one card to prevent this one strike, take the damage or potentially play Superior Mettle (and hope there won't be additional strikes) or Rolling with the Punches (and hope combat won't continue to another round). In either the Rolling with the Punches or the Superior Mettle version, they come out of it 1 blood less (assuming no Taste of Vitae is played or similar by the 10-cap).

Introducing this card
A vampire with :CEL: and a .44 Magnum rushes a full 10-cap. The :CEL: vampire moves to long and shoots for 2 with the gun. The 10-cap takes the damage. The :CEL: vampire then spends 1 blood to gain 2 additional strikes, for 2 each, making the total damage dealt equal 6. The 10-cap takes the damage. At the end of the round, the 10-cap plays one card which returns them to their previous amount of blood. So for 1 card, the 10-cap has effectively cancelled/prevented three strikes for no blood cost.

This card even gets around unpreventable damage (Weather Control), environmental damage (Crows, Ghouls with Guns, Drawing out the Beast) and renders them nearly invulnerable to anything BUT big-hit aggravated damage.

It gets even better if you're planning to use it in a Giovanni Rush Deck since you never need to worry about playing taste, since this card effectively ensures you never lose blood you don't spend. Trap + WWS and this card result in you never having to worry about going to torpor, just sending the other minion down and then Freak Drive and rush some other poor chump.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 06 Sep 2011 20:06 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds