file Card idea: Endure through Spirits

07 Sep 2011 19:18 - 07 Sep 2011 19:23 #9722 by Ankha
I would maybe tweak it a little to take the above remarks into account

Name: Endure through Spirits
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude/Necromancy
Not usable by a vampire going into torpor or being burned.
[for][nec] This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount he or she has lost to damage during this round of combat. The blood regained doesn't count as lost for the opposing minion. A vampire may play only one Endure through Spirits each round.
[FOR][NEC] As above, and prevent 1 damage.

Cost set to 1 to make it in line with the existing "prevent all" cards, and the restriction text to make it work as intended (regain the blood only if still ready, and Ossian can't taste neither).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 19:23 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2011 19:40 #9724 by Juggernaut1981
So now the opposing minion, who has realistically ACTUALLY punched a bunch of blood of the minion gets nothing for that effort?

If you want it to actually prevent, then just make it a prevent card. Seems nuts to make a card that basically does prevent damage that doesn't 'prevent' but does some other long complicated process to do the same thing.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Sep 2011 07:12 #9742 by Ankha

So now the opposing minion, who has realistically ACTUALLY punched a bunch of blood of the minion gets nothing for that effort?

Please read and think twice before posting nonsense (it's not the first time). Nothing has changed between the previous version and this one, except the wording so it includes both Taste of Vitae AND Ossian (and nothing else, I checked, unelss I missed something at which point I'd gladly be corrected.)

And yes, life is cruel. A vampire who ACTUALLY punched for 10 may see this damage prevented by ONE Skin of Steel! Or regained by EtS.

Prince of Paris, France

More
08 Sep 2011 08:45 #9748 by Juggernaut1981
It's not nonsense Ankha. Your card wants to prevent without actually preventing. It wants to nerf Taste of Vitae the same way Prevent does, without preventing.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and flies like a duck... then maybe its actually a duck.

Just make it a prevent card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Sep 2011 09:23 #9752 by Ankha

It's not nonsense Ankha. Your card wants to prevent without actually preventing. It wants to nerf Taste of Vitae the same way Prevent does, without preventing.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and flies like a duck... then maybe its actually a duck.

Just make it a prevent card.

A bleed for 3 causes a 3 pool loss.
An Enticement causes a 3 pool loss.

Why on earth didn't they make it a bleed card? Who wants new options? Bleeding is right! Preventing is right! Discards those pale imitations!

Prince of Paris, France

More
08 Sep 2011 09:28 #9753 by Ankha

It's not nonsense Ankha.

It is your "so now" that was nonsense, because it suggested something had changed between the version with the previous wording and the one with the last wording. And yet it was the same, leading me to the suspicion that either you skim through the posts or you answer too quickly to them.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds