file List of cards to ban

16 Feb 2011 19:01 #1629 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: List of cards to ban

You cannot "limit your playgroop" if you want to play in suctioned events. Casually there is no problem with dramatic upheaval or 12-capacity Baba Yaga in crypt either.

EXACTLY. If you want to play in sanctioned events, play by the rules of sanctioned events. If you want to introduce house rules, play them in your local group. The distinction is plain.

OMG! :blink: All this thime I was thinking, that at VTES tournaments each brings his own rulebook!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2011 19:06 #1630 by elotar

Ban one or more Cards is no Option for this Game.

At this time no one can print an Errata Version of a Card and no one will bring out new Cards so lets keep all Cards we have to play.

If you haven`t enough of one Card, try to trade or buy them. V:TES is Worldwide someone will trade with you. B)

I think if I'll repeat it for a hundred times, somebody will read it.

When you ban overpowered card, you r facticaly "unbanning" several cards which wasn't played because of it. So you got more cards to play with.

More
16 Feb 2011 19:16 - 16 Feb 2011 19:17 #1631 by elotar

Yes propably You've got right. Ban all this cards. The game will be more fun...and then unban MOM, EOE and PTO ---> the game will be definietly even more fun :)

I didn't get a joke. So you r against bannings or for them? Or old bannings is better then new bannings? Or you r playing with plain starters because cards doesn't matterr and skill is a king?

BTW the cards from the "ban list" got very MTG-like effects. :)

Last edit: 16 Feb 2011 19:17 by elotar.

More
16 Feb 2011 19:24 #1632 by elotar

1. VTES is a CCG. Sort of reasonable financial explanation? Maybe releasing the most wanted as a set/proxy or smth.

Did you know, that it's illegal to print cards now?

2. You mean it works in every deck? Then everyone can use it. Contesting is one of the best aspects of the game.

Villein is not unique.

3. Almost every card has a counter measure

So maybe it's time to unban PTO, MOM and others?

4. So does many other things. Making decicions is part of the game. Do not take it too seriously.

Generraly, you can making decitions at other players turns. But when you draw three cards, than put 3 on bottom of library, than put 7 in ash heap, than 1 into hand and shufle 12 into library, discard 1, and then starting to think about your turn, it really slows 5 players game. I doesn't count +6 life in the prosess.

More
16 Feb 2011 19:31 #1633 by Robba Yaga
Replied by Robba Yaga on topic Re: List of cards to ban
Can someone explain to me why Parity Shift is such a big deal? I've been playing this game since its inception and I usually choose not to use many of them (if any) in vote decks.

You must have a Prince or Justicar
You have to call the vote successfully
You have to pass the vote
It can be shut down by Delaying Tatics
It can be neutered down to a Conservative Agitation by Poison Pill
It has a diminishing return as the game goes on

Sure, its strong, but its not broken.

Robba Yaga

More
16 Feb 2011 19:54 - 16 Feb 2011 19:56 #1638 by elotar

Can someone explain to me why Parity Shift is such a big deal? I've been playing this game since its inception and I usually choose not to use many of them (if any) in vote decks.

You must have a Prince or Justicar

You have to call the vote successfully
You have to pass the vote
It can be shut down by Delaying Tatics
It can be neutered down to a Conservative Agitation by Poison Pill
It has a diminishing return as the game goes on

Sure, its strong, but its not broken.

I'm not shure myself. The main reason is that it's a vote, which provides 10 pool swing by itself, which is much more powerfull than any other vote (or just action) in the game. So it makes all other vote strategies inferior.

Now we, shurely, got GWFIP, which can get 10 pool even without any actions... :laugh:

Last edit: 16 Feb 2011 19:56 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds