check Blitz Round of Playtest Drawing to a Close

14 May 2012 04:26 #30202 by Jeff Kuta
Dear V:TES Community,

I am pleased to announce that our initial two week “blitz round” of playtesting is drawing to a close. We launched a “blitz round” on Thursday, May 3rd and are completing it later this week. We intend to make small modifications to cards based on feedback and start the full length round of playtest shortly thereafter.

As previously mentioned, our playtesting is open to all participants who register with one of us. Cards will be privately distributed via e-mail in PDF format for ease of printing. If you would like to take part in playtest, please contact me <> or Carl Pilhatsch <> at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again for your attention and interest,

Carl, Eric and Jeff

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie813

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2012 05:36 #30216 by Lemminkäinen
Are you interested in having a reasoned discussion on whether releasing a competing set of cards is a good idea?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Boris The Blade

More
14 May 2012 12:28 - 14 May 2012 12:29 #30264 by Jeff Kuta
There are innumerable reasoned discussions that should have happened over the course of the past several months, but did not for one reason or another.

After many hours of debate, we previously decided it was necessary for us to independently develop our card ideas and see the Sabbat-themed set through to completion. Some people may not like that decision, but any public discussion of the topic is moot.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 14 May 2012 12:29 by Jeff Kuta.

More
14 May 2012 18:39 #30322 by echiang

Are you interested in having a reasoned discussion on whether releasing a competing set of cards is a good idea?

Thank you for the post Lemminkäinen.

First off, I fail to see why releasing a separate set has to be "competing" with the VEKN's set. Why can't they both succeed?

Secondly, I am always interested in having reasoned discussions. In fact, we have repeatedly tried to keep the door open for discussions with VEKN, it's just that they seem to have very little interest in talking to us.

It may not have been your intent (the internet is an imperfect means of communication), but your post could be interpreted as being provocative by claiming that our actions are not based on reason at all. That may explain Jeff's reaction.

I realize that many people disagree with our actions. Some people now hate us for it. Some people believe that the only possible motivations we might have is ego or trying to destroy the game. Some people believe that all power should be consolidated under VEKN and nothing VTES-related should be allowed without their blessing.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but opinions do not turn things into fact or necessarily make things wrong or right (and that applies equally to everyone, including us). I think there is a large chunk of people who will think the worst of us and nothing we do or say is likely to change their minds.

If by "reasoned discussion" you mean: you show us the light and the error of our ways and how we are totally acting irrationally, without reason, and how VEKN is totally in the right and how we are totally in the wrong. Then I think it is doubtful (though not impossible) for such a discussion to be very productive.

If by "reasoned discussion" you mean: focusing on understanding the other viewpoint (as opposed to trying to convince the other party how he/she is wrong) and perhaps even brainstorming for alternative solutions, then I think there is a lot more potential for something positive to come out of it.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie813, dude_PL, Kraus, ruiza97

More
14 May 2012 19:20 #30329 by Surreal
Nobody hates you. It is always cool to see fan sets, like Mage and Kuei-jin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
14 May 2012 19:56 #30340 by Squidalot
Hi Carl/Eric/Jeff,

I would be grateful if you could send me a pdf of your cards so I can understand any comparison questions my playtesters give me.
thanks,
Hugh

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds