file Let's Talk Rapid Thought!

03 May 2011 12:11 #4081 by Pascal Bertrand
Btw, regarding the "Burn option" on cards - it might not be the best way of doing it. "Burn option" has a specific definition (== you can burn the card if you don't meet the requirements for playing it), which isn't really appliable to Minion Tap (or, that would mean, burnable when you control no vampire) or to vampires (unless you already control one vampire of the same name). I'd change it to "Must be discarded when drawn / seen" or something like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 12:21 #4082 by KevinM

Btw, regarding the "Burn option" on cards - it might not be the best way of doing it. "Burn option" has a specific definition (== you can burn the card if you don't meet the requirements for playing it), which isn't really appliable to Minion Tap (or, that would mean, burnable when you control no vampire) or to vampires (unless you already control one vampire of the same name). I'd change it to "Must be discarded when drawn / seen" or something like that.

Hmmmm you may have a point regarding the terminology. Sounds like another good change to make.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
03 May 2011 19:03 #4096 by Kushiel
I played in the tournament Bakija ran, and it was a ton of fun. I don't think it'd work very well without using decks specifically suited to it, but I dunno that standard decks would be unplayable in the format (assuming they took out any cards banned in RT), just not quite as good.

I really, really don't think it'd work very well with more than three people. While I understand people saying that three-player VTES isn't "real" VTES, a big part of the point of RT is that it's not standard VTES. If you want to be able to make crosstable deals with someone who isn't your predator or prey, don't play RT, which won't give you enough time to do so.

More
03 May 2011 19:58 #4097 by Juggernaut1981
Honestly, with the rare event of a player successfully completing a Withdrawal in 5-player VTES... Why should we even consider allowing a Withdraw from Rapid Thought?

The requirements on a Withdraw should almost preclude it from happening in Rapid Thought.

(No pool changes, no blood/life on minion changes for a complete turn).

Rather than set up those additional tables that will basically never really happen... the only ones to consider would be the scenarios presented by Life Boon. Most of those would seem to be covered by the existing VP-splits.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
04 May 2011 04:26 #4103 by Mephistopheles
Sorry right away: I have no time to read this thread through now.

I just wanted to ask if you guys have already considered to add Ashurs Tablets and Liquidation to the banned list (or watch list at least). An Anson Gunner, Nanalism, Khazar1s Diary, etc. could be off balance...

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
04 May 2011 05:03 #4107 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Let's Talk Rapid Thought!

I just wanted to ask if you guys have already considered to add Ashurs Tablets and Liquidation to the banned list (or watch list at least). An Anson Gunner, Nanalism, Khazar1s Diary, etc. could be off balance...

Good idea. Or hasn´t the Tablet-Liquidation-plague reached the US yet? Someone in Europe is printing Liquidations and pushing cheap to the kids in every street corner :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds