file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

27 Jun 2013 19:02 #50600 by Ohlmann
It seem a good enough idea to be tested, but I fear a bit that it's too good, since for some deck it's add PB:Luanda to the effect of Lillith. Most combat deck won't become unstoppable juggernaut for that, but I kind of fear what an Hermana Maior can do with that, for example.

If the 'enter combat' prove too exploitable, it may be a bleed limited to 1 or 2, ignoring excess. That way, Lillith blessing become a kind of better Hungry Coyote, since instead of a mandatory hunt for 1, you gain 3 blood and bleed for 1. And more importantly, your mandatory action is done with blood on you, so it's a lot less risky.

Or even simply, instead of requiring MPA action, Lillith blessing allow your empty vampire to hunt for 3 and became Bahari. It could conceivably be allowed even to Bahari, since empty hunt is already harsh and dangerous. It would be a niche card, but that give awesome effect when it work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2013 21:35 - 28 Jun 2013 01:15 #50612 by koko Loco

What if were more targeted to a specific type of deck?

Lilith's Blessing
1 Pool
Master.
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to Search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari. This vampire must enter combat with a minion controlled by your predator as a 0 stealth (D) action this turn.

I do like this version very much, I must declare I do enjoy playing combat decks. However I think this may possibly make weenie rush decks a little over powered.

1st (Extra hunt option)
text:Name: Lilith's BlessingCardtype: MasterCost: 1 pool Master. Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari. The choosen vampire may choose to hunt by stealing a blood from their prey or predator as a +1 stealth (D) action.

2nd Version:- (Hunt variation)
text:Name: Lilith's BlessingCardtype: MasterCost: 1 pool Master. Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari. This chosen vampire does not hunt as normal this turn. Hunt by stealing a blood from your prey or predator as a +1 stealth (D) action.

3rd Version:- (Addition blood gain when hunting this turn)
text:Name: Lilith's BlessingCardtype: MasterCost: 1 pool Master. Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 1 blood and becomes Bahari. If this chosen vampire successfully hunts this turn, he or she gains 1 additional blood.

I think this would increase interaction with other minions, possibly blocking the hunt. Also possibly being able to gain 3 blood on one vampire through different blood gain windows I feel would be more balanced. Through other options in your turn (x from master and x from hunting (and gaining discipline card). This prevents the original text being so exploited (hopefully) when used with other combos such as:- Villein, Hunting Grounds, Jake Washington ect..
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 01:15 by koko Loco.

More
30 Jun 2013 15:51 - 30 Jun 2013 15:52 #50771 by Rubia
It seems I may be too late to suggest a change, but here is my thought on a revision of the card that (in my view) protects the most interesting part of the card and culls much of the abuse:

Lilith's Blessing
Type: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master. Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari. Burn Lilith's Blessing if you fail to find a Discipline card.

I think this fix stops the widest applications of bloating, unless you are willing to pack your library with discipline cards. Also, it supports my slight bias to encourage the use of discipline cards to increase variety.

Rubia
Last edit: 30 Jun 2013 15:52 by Rubia. Reason: Made text easier to read.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whisker, ReverendRevolver, koko Loco, porphyrion

More
01 Jul 2013 09:23 #50821 by Pascal Bertrand
Right, I think I've got enough material to produce a dozen of valid cards (some of them might still have some questions marks - should "this" happen during the untap phase? during the discard phase? etc.)

Feel free to send me an email to participate in the playtest (see the first message).

Thanks,
Pascal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, the1andonlime, DeathInABottle, koko Loco, Timo

More
01 Jul 2013 13:06 #50836 by ReverendRevolver

Right, I think I've got enough material to produce a dozen of valid cards (some of them might still have some questions marks - should "this" happen during the untap phase? during the discard phase? etc.)

Feel free to send me an email to participate in the playtest (see the first message).

Thanks,
Pascal

Im not sure if anyone else has said this, but myself and other members of the community appreciate tremendous extra workload you volunteered for with this project. Its not something that you, as the rules team director, had to do, and i get the reason behind this and the pressures from supporters and opposers of the liliths blessing concept, and im impressed at how much work you accepted to yourself just to test try a concept to make folks who think they got ignored get a shot.
I thougjt the old way was ok, but thank you for volunteering this much effort outside of your normal responsabilities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, the1andonlime, Mael, koko Loco, Timo

More
15 Oct 2014 13:09 #66641 by Timo

Thanks,
Pascal

I was wondering where is the state of his project ? Does an officiel new Lilith's Blessing exists waiting for reprint ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds