file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

06 Jun 2013 05:31 #49558 by Robert Scythe
I am not sure why there is an all fired rush to bring this card back into the fold. What pressing need is there for this card to even exist in the game? The reason it was affecting the tournament scene is the 3 blood gain for a relatively easy to attain stipulation, Villein (which made it even less difficult) or no. If people truly are interested in its 'fetch a skill card' effect then their deck is most likely using multiple copies of the same M:Discipline card and every copy of LB put into the deck can just be other copies of that M:D card. Sure, it will have its limited uses otherwise but that's the gist.

With this precedent set, however, why don't we just ban Ashur's Tablets and thinktank a way to bring that one back afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, Jussi, Pendargon, direwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 13:24 #49574 by ReverendRevolver

I am not sure why there is an all fired rush to bring this card back into the fold. What pressing need is there for this card to even exist in the game? The reason it was affecting the tournament scene is the 3 blood gain for a relatively easy to attain stipulation, Villein (which made it even less difficult) or no. If people truly are interested in its 'fetch a skill card' effect then their deck is most likely using multiple copies of the same M:Discipline card and every copy of LB put into the deck can just be other copies of that M:D card. Sure, it will have its limited uses otherwise but that's the gist.

With this precedent set, however, why don't we just ban Ashur's Tablets and thinktank a way to bring that one back afterwards.

Ashur Tablets doesnt need banned, its change is so easy no fanfare is required

I dont have the card in front of me, and dont feel like typimg it all out amyway, but ive been saying this simce last year atcleast:

Between "13" and "cards" on the text of ashur tablets, insert the word "minion" .

Hell, if i could write small enough, id vulunteer to do
^
"Minion"
On any copy someone brought me once the card is legally erratad.

Liliths gwts to fetch the card, so if you use more than one differwnt skill, its handy. It also had thexbenefit lacking in multiple skill cards where if you run 2 lb and 3 skills, one lb lets you get all 3 skills, while 5 skill cards makes yiu wait to draw.....

More
06 Jun 2013 13:39 - 06 Jun 2013 13:42 #49575 by jamesatzephyr

- Here's a short design intent exceprt: "The point is to identify the followers of Lilith (which are the Bahari in WW source material). Lilith, in the source material, rewards those who have suffered."

Suffering, eh?
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire in torpor you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

Okay, that's not entirely serious, but are there any good options that make it somewhat harder for the vampire to qualify for LB in the first place - but still keep it to be a good effect that's worth aiming for? For example:
Put this card in play. When a combat finishes in which a non-Bahari vampire you control was a participant, and that vampire was punched about a bit in some fashion to be determined, tap this card to...

(Actually, the torpor version might not be totally awful if you move using it to your discard phase too. (Mummify-a-go-go!) (Mmm.. brackets.))
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 13:42 by jamesatzephyr.

More
06 Jun 2013 22:39 - 06 Jun 2013 22:47 #49586 by Robert Scythe

Ashur Tablets doesnt need banned, its change is so easy no fanfare is required

You agree that it needs a change, got it. So you must also realize that LB and Liquidation on their own (or together) are not making MMPA decks so much stronger than they have been all ready.

Liliths gwts to fetch the card, so if you use more than one differwnt skill, its handy. It also had thexbenefit lacking in multiple skill cards where if you run 2 lb and 3 skills, one lb lets you get all 3 skills, while 5 skill cards makes yiu wait to draw.....

Lilith's is only getting you one skill card per minion, so if the deck in question is that convoluted then good luck. You also seem to think that 5 skill cards are harder to draw than 2 LB's that make you pay a pool and wait at least one more turn to use. It should have another plus to it then, maybe also giving the minion 3 blood or something useful like that.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 22:47 by Robert Scythe.

More
06 Jun 2013 23:17 #49587 by fredsct

Lilith's is only getting you one skill card per minion, so if the deck in question is that convoluted then good luck. You also seem to think that 5 skill cards are harder to draw than 2 LB's that make you pay a pool and wait at least one more turn to use. It should have another plus to it then, maybe also giving the minion 3 blood or something useful like that.

I had one deck where I used Lilith's to cover three separate missing skills needed for five different minions, the exact one needed differing based on the minions I happened to bring out that game. LB worked superbly for that. I'll grant you, you're right to say there's an all-or-nothing quality to drawing your first Lilith's Blessing instead of getting stair-stepped through each of the different skill cards I would need to draw in its absense. But one of the really irritating parts of deck games is the way they always seem to deny you the thing that turns out to be exactly relevant in many of your games. So for a deck that may need different skills based on the opposition and the crypt you draw, it was a nice tool. Whether that made an otherwise bad deck tournament-competitive is kind of iffy, I'll admit. But it sure made the deck a whole lot more fun for me to play. I took it apart last month after LB got banned.

More
06 Jun 2013 23:23 #49588 by ReverendRevolver
Personally, i feel strongly lb is the LEAST problematic card playex in girls decks, and that Aksynia in those decks breaks Aksynia. Also, ashur tablets is a huge problem, with an easy fix.

I like the function of liliths blessing, and having it out before minions even. I dont think it was that broken, but we will see......
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds