file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

05 Jun 2013 05:41 #49501 by Timo

Put this card in play. As your first master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and become Bahari

It is not the first time somebody submit something about a "first MPA" or "this player can play only one MPA" or other things along this line of thought.

You seems to forget that the rulebook allready say that you can play only one MPA a turn.

How will react a new player when encountering a card which do not do what is written on the card and speaking of a first MPA while there should not have a second one (or a third or fourth)

I think that the game is allready difficult enough to learn without adding this kind of thing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 06:14 - 05 Jun 2013 06:23 #49502 by Jussi

Also, you need to be a masterful player of people to make Girls deck work.

I don't mean to say that Girls deck isn't powerful - it is. But there were lots of MMPA decks who won tournaments before Ashurs and Liquidation and Girls. Issue with a MMPA deck archetype is same sort of issue than OBF+DOM deck. They both exist, are strong and in tournament environment they are really hard to win with.

Wait a minute now ... If Girls and obf+dom-stealth-bleed are not easy to win with, what decks ARE easy to win with?

None of the decks are easy to win with - but considering Girls and DOM+OBF, they both have issues:
- DOM-OBF would win lots of tournaments if it could. Other players tend to begin against aggressive bleed deck.
- Girls have different issues - Deck is rather slow and has little to none pool defense outside of Aksinya.
- Both decks have issues with hand jam (well, most of the decks do): If you take out Aksinya or deflect to any other Metusaleah, Girls will have a master jam. Triggering Ashurs won't help much there. OBF+DOM has issues with stealth jam, at some point you just don't pull those bleed enhancers anymore and then OBF+DOM becomes teethless.

Edit: Thanks to Ohlmann, who got my point :cheer:

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 05 Jun 2013 06:23 by Jussi.

More
05 Jun 2013 06:22 #49503 by Pascal Bertrand
I have received a great deal of mails! Thanks to everyone.
Proposition desk is not closed, so feel free to submit your idea.

A few guidelines:
- The card must remain a Master.
- It's a blessing, not a curse.
- The discipline search is a mandatory part of the effect. (finding doesn't have to be mandatory)
- Here's a short design intent exceprt: "The point is to identify the followers of Lilith (which are the Bahari in WW source material). Lilith, in the source material, rewards those who have suffered."

Backgroundwisely, Bahari, Red List, and infernals are not related.

More
05 Jun 2013 07:41 #49510 by Ashur

Also, you need to be a masterful player of people to make Girls deck work.

I don't mean to say that Girls deck isn't powerful - it is. But there were lots of MMPA decks who won tournaments before Ashurs and Liquidation and Girls. Issue with a MMPA deck archetype is same sort of issue than OBF+DOM deck. They both exist, are strong and in tournament environment they are really hard to win with.

Wait a minute now ... If Girls and obf+dom-stealth-bleed are not easy to win with, what decks ARE easy to win with?

None of the decks are easy to win with - but considering Girls and DOM+OBF, they both have issues:
- DOM-OBF would win lots of tournaments if it could. Other players tend to begin against aggressive bleed deck.
- Girls have different issues - Deck is rather slow and has little to none pool defense outside of Aksinya.
- Both decks have issues with hand jam (well, most of the decks do): If you take out Aksinya or deflect to any other Metusaleah, Girls will have a master jam. Triggering Ashurs won't help much there. OBF+DOM has issues with stealth jam, at some point you just don't pull those bleed enhancers anymore and then OBF+DOM becomes teethless.

I don´t really got it. What decks are easier to win with than Girls or obf-dom sb?

Sure Girls can be tricky - if you are facing good players, that know how to handle it. If not, you kind of outwin just by playing all your masters and cycling in a smart way.

Obf-dom-sb you can put into the hands of almost any newbie/monkey/amoeba and they take a gw in 37 % of the cases just by going forward.

This is in MY experience.

Decks that are REALLY hard to win with is (IMHO!) rush-decks and weenie-aus.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
05 Jun 2013 08:56 #49516 by Juggernaut1981

A few guidelines:
... [snipped things] ...
- Here's a short design intent exceprt: "The point is to identify the followers of Lilith (which are the Bahari in WW source material). Lilith, in the source material, rewards those who have suffered."

Backgroundwisely, Bahari, Red List, and infernals are not related.

Okay, so we are sticking to the "We must create a new keyword which may have no future in the game beyond causing Lilith's Blessing to work once." Seems like a long-way around to do something that can be altered to self-limit.

1) Lilith's Blessing runs out of 'blessings to give' (Like Cooler)
2) Lilith's Blessing runs out when your vampires have no Disciplines left to learn
3) Lilith's Blessing runs out when Lilith gets tired of you and ignores you (like Palla Grande)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
05 Jun 2013 15:42 #49531 by Wedge

Put this card in play. As your first master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and become Bahari

It is not the first time somebody submit something about a "first MPA" or "this player can play only one MPA" or other things along this line of thought.

You seems to forget that the rulebook allready say that you can play only one MPA a turn.

How will react a new player when encountering a card which do not do what is written on the card and speaking of a first MPA while there should not have a second one (or a third or fourth)

I think that the game is allready difficult enough to learn without adding this kind of thing...

Perhaps you are right, we already a number of cards that do not do what they say (i.e. text changes and errata). Clearly we should do away with any card that breaks the one master phase action per player, least it confuse new players.

Really, I am hard pressed to remember a game in which no player used more than the one master at turn as allowed. There are a few (many?) cards that have redundant lines in the text. Is the phrase "your first" when you only have one going to send some new player in a downward spiral? I don't think so. There are many more egregious things in the game that will break them before this.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds