file Polishing VtES - refining crypts and removing grouping

01 Mar 2017 11:14 #80926 by cordovader

So something like this:

Palla Grande
Type: Master
Requires: Toreador
Unique master.
Put this card in play and put 3 debauchery counters on it. Sabbat vampires can bleed with +1 bleed as a (D) action.. Remove a debauchery counter from this card at the end of each of your turns. Burn this card if it has no counters.

Making it much less parasitic and much more fun for sabbat as a whole.

This would make LoP sooo strong. Just need to pack the smallest !Tore with a title and have fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2017 12:40 #80930 by elotar

This would make LoP sooo strong. Just need to pack the smallest !Tore with a title and have fun.

Smallest Toreador with a title in presented crypt is 6 cap. I seriously doubt that adding several copies of such midcaps to LoP deck for a cardless computer hacking effect will be "too strong".

Will it not be better to just play Computer Hacking deck?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
12 Dec 2017 15:35 - 13 Dec 2017 17:53 #84556 by elotar
OK, continuing the project - thoughts about changing Palla Grande have lead me to making such deck and it was totally not fun to play, so i'm fine with the idea of exploring the idea for merging clans and fixing clan cards.

Let's start from the beginning. Malkavians:

As a default state cards requirements will change to "camarilla malkavian" or "sabbat malkavian". malkavians will mean both "halves". For others I'll provide full alternative text.

I'll try to aim for total of 10 clan masters.

1. Petra Resonance - lore wise it's about their Antediluvian death/sleeping place, game wise there is still nobody better then Lutz to play it, so there are actually two ways to approach it. I prefer to left it camarilla only for some "pawns of elders" theme.

2. Muddled VH
It's kind of fun having to think about putting some cam vampires onto crypt for him to be playable

3. Derange

4. Asylum HG - malkavians
I see no point in two different HG. It's not very useful card anyway

5. Madness Network

6. Malkavian Prank - malkavians
it looks like the best "mini game" master. i think one is enough

7. EMP using mortals as expendable weapons is fine for sabbat

8. Sibil's T...

9. Enchanted M

10. Malk... rider clause

So it's 3 cards for both clans, 4 mono-camarilla, 3 sabbat. Looks fine to me.

Update: I think it's fine to have all malkavian cards to be accessible to "whole" clan. If somebody will find a way to abuse it then i'll change something.

Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 17:53 by elotar.

More
12 Dec 2017 16:15 #84560 by ReverendRevolver
With a probable Cam set on the horizon, you'd likely be better off looking at what reprints are logical, and then putting in your two cents regarding if they need changed. Total overhaul seems less productive than returning to print and making small potential changes that help simplify without ruining things.

Just a thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

More
12 Dec 2017 16:52 #84563 by elotar

With a probable Cam set on the horizon...

You have any reliable information about it? Anyway the question about needed reprints it extremely easy - just take top camarilla cards from ebay.

Initial thought behind this project is that it's quite possible to "totally overhaul" the game without actually changing anything significant. Removing unplayable cards looks easy, removing grouping rule seemed hard, but actually it's going quite fine - most of "new possibilities opened by grouping rule" are actually just duplicates of existing ones (like Dolphin Black -> Morel), strict upgrades (Leandro -> Lutz) or can be easily mixed in one "group" (DEM weenie and M94).

I'm still convinced that present overbloated state of the game is a significant problem to returning it to print as well as bad for the game in general. And until it'll be solved the problems with maintaining both growing player community as well as product availability will be persisting regardless of the game status.

So I've decided that best way to approach the issue is not to pointlessly discuss it, but actually make "polished version of VtES".

More
12 Dec 2017 22:20 #84566 by BenPeal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds