file Old players reluctance to play with post HttB cards

21 Jul 2018 21:39 - 21 Jul 2018 21:45 #89175 by ReverendRevolver
Anyone can believe what they want, but VTES is back in print, the owners of the company printing it are 5 people crucial to global vtes playerbase, and are directly given the blessing of IP holders.
As rebuttal, tell them all WOTC sets are running on less credentials, and cannot be used except reprints.

(I honestly dont like not using real printed cards, so await pdf phasing out, but am not an asshat trying to impose my will on others, I just dont want to print n sleeve that much)

*edit*
Oh, and Ben constructed HttB precons. While Scott and Oscar were great guys, I have no idea about previous persons, and initial expansions were quite awful. Compare the playability of vekn/BC sets to even LotN through HttB and you will see less cards with more playability, largely results from a tighter focus on balance from people who play the game quite a bit.*
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 21:45 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2018 22:09 #89179 by Lech

There are people that behave like that on every community. For real, to resist against changes is something very common place.
If you check the forums and or facebook groups and pages related to "Vampire: The Masquerade", you will find a similar situation. Even that they are not the majority, some vocal people are outraged with the changes made for the 5TH Edition.

To be fair, VtM v5 while official have multiple bad concepts ("blood" system) and is nerfing celerity to the ground. So i'm not surprised it's not universally loved.

@tell them to open damn browser.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
21 Jul 2018 22:13 #89181 by Snodig

To be fair, VtM v5 while official have multiple bad concepts ("blood" system) and is nerfing celerity to the ground. So i'm not surprised it's not universally loved

I quite like the new hunger system, conceptually.
From a storytelling point of view, it's just what I like to see for VTM.

More
21 Jul 2018 22:22 #89182 by Lech

To be fair, VtM v5 while official have multiple bad concepts ("blood" system) and is nerfing celerity to the ground. So i'm not surprised it's not universally loved

I quite like the new hunger system, conceptually.
From a storytelling point of view, it's just what I like to see for VTM.

And that you always roll hunger dies unless you kill someone ? And compulsions ? And auto-lose combat if you roll random 1 ? System wise it would work IF rolling one 1 on hunger die don't do anything. And still, just using blood is way more convenient if you have beads to fast check bloodpool.

I'm not against hunger dices, i quite like it, but the implementation kind of sucks.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
21 Jul 2018 22:43 #89183 by LivesByProxy
I like the idea behind hunger dice, but the implementation is... ehhhh. I do want VTM5 to be a success, but everything I've read so far makes me think it's just V20 Edition with a few tweaks. I doubt it will fix any of Masquerade's core problems.

On the topic of post-HttB cards, Manitaun, have you showed your group the physical cards? Show them the production value. Ask them if mere fans could pull of such high quality.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
22 Jul 2018 16:13 #89193 by ICL

I´ve been trying to resurrect our playgroup over the last year telling everyone about the new print on demand expansions, the new reprint bundles and how Black Chantry took over VTES.

We all love to play VTES, but some think that VTES died after HttB and all cards released after are fan made. I try to explain to them that Black Chantry is partnered with White Wolf but they´re so disconected with the forums and news feeds that they don´t care.

It´s not just that they don´t buy new cards from the newest expansions, that´s fine (I guess), but they soft-forbid everyone else to play with them ( they think they´re broken, they don´t make sense, Anthelios is not banned...). And this creates tension.

Maybe you have the same issue in your domains and you can tell me how to handle it.

Thanks.

There are people that behave like that on every community. For real, to resist against changes is something very common place.
If you check the forums and or facebook groups and pages related to "Vampire: The Masquerade", you will find a similar situation. Even that they are not the majority, some vocal people are outraged with the changes made for the 5TH Edition.

The point is: Players must follows tournament and updated text rules if they are participating or intend to participate in official sanctioned events and tournaments.
If they don't care about tournaments and only need to play in his small circle with people that think similar. Well you will only get headaches if trying to change his mind.

Look for new players
If old player are stuck in his comfort zone. Look for new player and to form a new players base.
May be as the base of player that play with the official rules increase, could be that the old player be more inclined to concede and try new experiences.

Do not frown on, nor criticize
If they don't harm you or any one. And only want to play his way among themselves. We cannot say they are wrong.
Wrong would be if they try to impose his ways on us. And the contrary too is wrong.

I know you are feeling frustrated. But when regards to other people's beliefs. Is sort difficult to make them change his minds and see things different if they are not willing to do that.
Most of the time, words are not enough. Action and changing the environment around that people may be the better way.
As if, all the rest of the world begins to demonstrate that see things different from them. May be this ring a bell in his heads

+1

I started playing Jyhad with a group that didn't allow Dark Sovereigns, Ancient Hearts, or Sabbat cards. It was fun.

I played with a group that always played one big game which may have included 9 players and where vote decks were hated off the table and where NRA was NRSA (no repeat successful action). It was fun.

I played with a group that only had cards through Sabbat and played 4cl ... five or so years ago. It was fun.

It's a game. People play games because it's fun. Lots of people couldn't care less about tournament play or playing with strangers.

Want to play with new components to a game? Endeavor to find or create other players. I played Jyhad only decks in my home game and Sabbat only decks at conventions. It may be effort, but it's no more effort than trying to play at all if you turn people willing to play a version of the game off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi, Joscha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds