file Old players reluctance to play with post HttB cards

21 Jul 2018 17:24 - 21 Jul 2018 20:15 #89153 by manituan
I´ve been trying to resurrect our playgroup over the last year telling everyone about the new print on demand expansions, the new reprint bundles and how Black Chantry took over VTES.

We all love to play VTES, but some think that VTES died 8 years ago and all cards released after HttB are fan made. I try to explain to them that Black Chantry is partnered with White Wolf but they´re so disconected with the forums and news feeds that they don´t care.

It´s not just that they don´t buy new cards from the newest expansions, that´s fine (I guess), but they soft-forbid everyone else to play with them ( they think they´re broken, they don´t make sense, Anthelios is not banned...). And this creates tension.

Maybe you have the same issue in your domains and you can tell me how to handle it.

Thanks.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 20:15 by manituan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2018 17:57 #89155 by cordovader

I´ve been trying to resurrect our playgroup over the last year telling everyone about the new print on demand expansions, the new reprint bundles and how Black Chantry took over VTES.

We all love to play VTES, but some think that VTES died after HttB and all cards released after are fan made. I try to explain to them that Black Chantry is partnered with White Wolf but they´re so disconected with the forums and news feeds that they don´t care.

It´s not just that they don´t buy new cards from the newest expansions, that´s fine (I guess), but they soft-forbid everyone else to play with them ( they think they´re broken, they don´t make sense, Anthelios is not banned...). And this creates tension.

Maybe you have the same issue in your domains and you can tell me how to handle it.

Thanks.

Tell them that they are the Amish of VTES.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, Snodig, DJHedgehog

More
21 Jul 2018 18:05 #89158 by Snodig
What sort of surly men are these players?
I’d laugh in a player’s face if they tried to deny me playing a card because it’s “new”.

More
21 Jul 2018 18:38 - 21 Jul 2018 18:52 #89162 by KzArashi

We all love to play VTES, but some think that VTES died after HttB and all cards released after are fan made. I try to explain to them that Black Chantry is partnered with White Wolf but they´re so disconected with the forums and news feeds that they don´t care.

Thanks.

There are people that behave like that on every community. For real, to resist against changes is something very common place.
If you check the forums and or facebook groups and pages related to "Vampire: The Masquerade", you will find a similar situation. Even that they are not the majority, some vocal people are outraged with the changes made for the 5TH Edition.

The point is: Players must follows tournament and updated text rules if they are participating or intend to participate in official sanctioned events and tournaments.
If they don't care about tournaments and only need to play in his small circle with people that think similar. Well you will only get headaches if trying to change his mind.

Look for new players
If old player are stuck in his comfort zone. Look for new player and to form a new players base.
May be as the base of player that play with the official rules increase, could be that the old player be more inclined to concede and try new experiences.

Do not frown on, nor criticize
If they don't harm you or any one. And only want to play his way among themselves. We cannot say they are wrong.
Wrong would be if they try to impose his ways on us. And the contrary too is wrong.

I know you are feeling frustrated. But when regards to other people's beliefs. Is sort difficult to make them change his minds and see things different if they are not willing to do that.
Most of the time, words are not enough. Action and changing the environment around that people may be the better way.
As if, all the rest of the world begins to demonstrate that see things different from them. May be this ring a bell in his heads

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 18:52 by KzArashi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manituan, ICL

More
21 Jul 2018 19:52 #89167 by Damnans
Challenge them to prove those cards they say are broken by play-testing them.

Anyone can have a belief, but not everyone is bold enough to experiment and get to rational conclusions, and prove whether they are right or wrong.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
21 Jul 2018 20:21 #89169 by Boris The Blade
And it is old design process was flawless. After all, it gave us Imbued Gehenna, Girls,...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds