file Rules Team Rulings - 22-APR-2013

24 Apr 2013 07:55 - 24 Apr 2013 07:57 #47515 by er-principe

So the game would turn even more in the ugly "who-plays-more-masters-per-turn" race that is now, which imho isn't desiderable at all: the errata making ashur to retrieve just (less) minion cards is much needed and desiderable instead

What makes you believe that changing Ashur so that it retrieves fewer cards and/or only minion cards would make Ashur no longer in the "who-plays-more-masters-per-turn" race? I think it'd be just as played, in almost as many decks.

The fact that restricting the tech to minion-only is by definition
a restriction, so the "retrival race" game would be restricted
to more specialized (minion cards) decks (say: choirs) and by that the omni-all-good module with master-pool-retrival tech that is now with the current ashurs would be no more (which is indeed much desiderable)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 07:57 by er-principe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2013 08:45 #47521 by Juggernaut1981
So they fish Ashur Tablets back with Anthelios. Sure it does slow it down, but its not ending the problem of timing out games.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Apr 2013 13:58 #47554 by ReverendRevolver
Tablets not fishing up events or masters would in fact let decks that do not abuse it, like combat, which already needs help, and the concept of decks being slimmed with recursion ( still cheating, but less so than other uses).

Girls decks bloat with liquidation and pick up anything they want that was lost as collateral with tablets. They lose their anthelios? Pick uo with tablets. Lost a pentex? Tablets. Had to discard a villen now needed to live because of aksynia? Tablets. Oh, anf its all thosexat once.

Anthelios used to be annoying because imbued reused one freaking di for like 6 turns. But anthelios makesyou at leazt discard, and if you cant get it back with tablets, it is less pure win.

Kevin, i never play with you since you run all of the origins events i make it to, and havent seen yiu play since the nac in new orleans, but how many decks have you seen run ashurs other than girls decks that make you say nearly all of them would still run it? I dont recall ever being at a table with you with any of my ashur using decks(anson second trad guns, g2 gargoyle combat, ruth mcginley dbr, or weenie prezence fortitude flash grenades with pentinent resilience) and ive seen nearly nobody use tablets at a tournament in the last 2 years almost that werent running girls or at least comboing with liquidation( which allows for cheating level deck and hand optimization).

I dont see how girls decks get theirxmilage anymore if its just minion cards

Also, are convictions technically minion cards? I know they dont have problems recurring, but just wondering.

Anthelios is still good for mmpa decks, but if they straight dont have liliths, they return to earlier versions, and without tablets being their crutch, their bloat enging becomes villeins for 7-8 and really risky liquidations.

More
24 Apr 2013 19:36 #47605 by echiang

Also, are convictions technically minion cards? I know they dont have problems recurring, but just wondering.

No, convictions are their own card type (neither master or minion). From the NoR rules:

Rule: Conviction is a new card type. It is played in the untap phase, so it is an "untap" card, not a master or minion or discard (event) card....

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
25 Apr 2013 07:34 #47669 by johannes

Anthelios and Ashur Tablets still weren't banned though. :/

IMHO, if ashur tablets are reprinted at some future time, the decks that rely heavily on them will run into problems because of the "remove all other copies in play" clause. More people will play them and thus getting three out may become less reliable.

Even with 3 people on a table playing Ashurs I rarely see the race condition having a significant effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
25 Apr 2013 07:37 #47670 by johannes

Kinda bummed... I just traded some pretty decent stuff for some Lilith's blessing. Yes, I know all VTES players in the known universe had them out the wazoo but I did not.

Don´t know which country / city you are from but in Europe / US this was a pretty widely available promo card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds